Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

Bought a 2012 Corolla LE this summer to replace my beloved 06.

My old car had automatic on and off headlights that I never thought about turning the switch for... not once for some 225k mi. (or at least it's last 160k of them) and so I just never think about the headlights at all anymore. Ever. couldn't turn them off if I wanted to. Like 3 times now I have left for work in the dark and arrived in the light and left them on. Needed jumped yesterday.

The warnings in this car are almost un-hearable, especially with my poor hearing but even to my wife who hears pretty danged good.

Is there a way to adjust the volume of the warning? Any other un-missable warnings available?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interesting... didn't think it would be that difficult of a question and researching past answers on this forum seems to be very difficult these days... or maybe I just don't get the new format.

Anyhow... I know there is a louder beep available as something unexplained was beeping in a very loud manner as we unloaded the vehicle last night.

Guess I may have to call the dealership on a lunch break this week to ask.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,328 Posts
I'm not sure to be honest. I don't like auto anything. I have auto headlights on my 17 RAV4 but I never use them. I've always gone through a mental checklist when I get out of my car. I turn off the fan and check the lights. I've made it a force of habit in every car I drive, even my work truck. You just need to start doing this before you get out of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts