Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks much better!

One question, is the native radio still there? AM/FM...and those native Toyota functions?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Looks very good! I had similar questions... All steering wheel controls still work? Did you install yourself or have someone else do it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks very good! I had similar questions... All steering wheel controls still work? Did you install yourself or have someone else do it?

Steering wheel controls work, but the custom radio shop who installed it (they are a local authorized Alpine installer) asked me about that and the rear view camera as well as the aux input. Aux input next to USB ports was replaced by USB port for this unit. Steering wheel controls and rear view camera work flawlessly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! I have the same HU. Used idatalink maestro components to keep the steering wheel controls, most of the vehicle info, USB, and Sat nav integration.

Great! What did you end up doing with the old Toyota HU?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know where or how I could find the most optimal sound settings for this unit which is specific to our HL’s? Mine is non JBL, but I still have a sub. I downloaded the Alpine TuneIt app, but honestly I don’t understand what half of it means.

·
2014 Highlander LE
7,801 Posts
Does anyone know where or how I could find the most optimal sound settings for this unit which is specific to our HL’s? Mine is non JBL, but I still have a sub. I downloaded the Alpine TuneIt app, but honestly I don’t understand what half of it means.
Optimal sound for who's ears? :)

You can use a sound meter with freq sounds to level out the sound in the space, or spend some time playing different track for about 15 -20 minutes loud and see where there are issues. Rest the ears and repeat.
They are your ears to satisfy. Once you have issues worked out and get a relatively neutral signal across the frequencies, then you can adjust to your taste and the music.

There is some good info on this in this thread...
https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014/1139777-basic-stereo-upgrade.html#post9539185

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Optimal Sound is so personal. Your ears are NOT the same as mine. Since I'm over 60 and live in an industrial country I have hearing los (especially in the upper frequencies). The millennium generation have more hearing loss at 20 then I do now because of the ear-bud use.

This is something you'll just have to play with.

·
Registered
2018 T Highlander
105 Posts
Yes on am/fm. What Toyota functions were you referring to?
Hey can you share some images from the side angle, like as if you were standing out by the R side mirror, and your view is running up along the dash towards the drivers side.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts