Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2007 Toyota Camry SE
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...

I wanted to get a new CD player/Radio installed in my 2002 Camry but I don't know what to get. I need something that wont completely clash with the grey interior of my car and I need something that will look right. Also I'm not lookin to spend more than $150 so if any has changed their factory installed CD/Tape deck on their Gen 5 your input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
2007 Toyota Camry SE
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sasair said:
Not sure on the prices of the decks, but you can check out some pics of installs on this thread:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t106141.html

I have the Eclipse navigation unit, and it was slightly more than $150.... :liar:

Oooops I meant slightly more than $1500....
Nope. Wont ever be investing in anything that expensive but thank you a lot for the info. Just want I was lookin for. I was beginning to think no one on here was going to be of help. Thanks again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Replace your speakers first. You'll get much better sound from your factory deck with a good pair of speakers.

Of course, you might not be able to do that with $150.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Let's see, $150 divided by 6 speakers = $25 per speaker.....nope won't do you any good!

I assume you want to replace the factory head unit to have added functionality, like being able to play MP3 discs or have text display or something like that, so if that's the case I'd say get the best head unit you can afford. For the $150 range I'd say something like a Pioneer DEH-P3700MP or 4700MP or an Alpine CDE-9843. The Pioneer will give you more bells and whistle and will allow for better expansion in the future. The Alpine will give you slightly better sound quality.

Just make sure you get it somewhere that will give you the correct wiring harness and mounting kit for free, like Crutchfield. Their tech support is great too. Well worth paying a little bit more imo.

And if you happen to order $200 or more from Crutchfield, give them this referral code and you'll get $20 of your order: piivv-iu7sd-70xu6 and I'll get $20 off a future order. :whatwhat:

·
Banned
2007 Toyota Camry SE
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sasair said:
Let's see, $150 divided by 6 speakers = $25 per speaker.....nope won't do you any good!

I assume you want to replace the factory head unit to have added functionality, like being able to play MP3 discs or have text display or something like that, so if that's the case I'd say get the best head unit you can afford. For the $150 range I'd say something like a Pioneer DEH-P3700MP or 4700MP or an Alpine CDE-9843. The Pioneer will give you more bells and whistle and will allow for better expansion in the future. The Alpine will give you slightly better sound quality.

Just make sure you get it somewhere that will give you the correct wiring harness and mounting kit for free, like Crutchfield. Their tech support is great too. Well worth paying a little bit more imo.

And if you happen to order $200 or more from Crutchfield, give them this referral code and you'll get $20 of your order: piivv-iu7sd-70xu6 and I'll get $20 off a future order. :whatwhat:
Wow I really appreciate the info. You understood me to a "t" lol. Thats exactly why I want a new head unit. That and I'm tired of my best friend always talkin shit about my factory system when he rides in my car. He just got some hook-up and got a new system for his 96 buick and he has a nice head unit with the song/artist display and he has a subwoofer and he is elated beyond words. Thanks for the great info.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
elhsgrad04 said:
i was about to say 2 speakers wont do a lot of good... all 6 will tho...
4 would do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you can open up your budget just another 10 or 20 bucks, it will open up a lot more options for you. If you are looking for some "wow" factor, check out this head unit from Dual for $170:

·
Banned
2007 Toyota Camry SE
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sasair said:
If you can open up your budget just another 10 or 20 bucks, it will open up a lot more options for you. If you are looking for some "wow" factor, check out this head unit from Dual for $170:

Wow. That is amazing. Thanks. I will open my wallet a little more if I can get something like that. Thanks for the pic and thanks everyone with the helpful responses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts