Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
One with the farce
2,886 Posts
Those guys are morons, if only for the fact that they are dumping used oil.

·
One with the farce
2,886 Posts
You're seriously asking why?? Crude is totally different than processed oil...plus, the acids and other chemical compounds that are introduced into the oil during the combustion process are pretty bad.
There was a pipeline in northern BC that broke a couple of years ago, spilling unprocessed oil onto the ground near a stream. My brother (a power engineer for an oil company) was in the area not long after, and where the raw oil had spilled, the plants were thriving. What happens when you pour used engine oil on plants?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're seriously asking why?? Crude is totally different than processed oil...plus, the acids and other chemical compounds that are introduced into the oil during the combustion process are pretty bad.
There was a pipeline in northern BC that broke a couple of years ago, spilling unprocessed oil onto the ground near a stream. My brother (a power engineer for an oil company) was in the area not long after, and where the raw oil had spilled, the plants were thriving. What happens when you pour used engine oil on plants?
So you are upset because the grass where they drained it might die? I don't get it...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He isn't spewing motor oil into a river or a body of water. The oil is just going to sink into the ground and get absorbed. or debris like leaves and grass will cover it and nothin will be harmed in my opinion. I read that article, but i have a hard time believing this is going to damage the earth.

wounder if oil stained rags thrown in the garbage have a affect at all. In my opinion they both don't affect the earth unless everyone just started pouring used motor oil in their yard.

·
One with the farce
2,886 Posts
Okay, I don't know how old you are, or what your education is, or your IQ. But look at it this way: If I told you the earth was round, and you believed the earth was flat even though I gave you proof, would you believe me? That's the same as what's happening here. I have studied this stuff, and I know how the water system works, and I gave you some educational information. It's up to you to believe it or dismiss it. But facts are facts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, I don't know how old you are, or what your education is, or your IQ. But look at it this way: If I told you the earth was round, and you believed the earth was flat even though I gave you proof, would you believe me? That's the same as what's happening here. I have studied this stuff, and I know how the water system works, and I gave you some educational information. It's up to you to believe it or dismiss it. But facts are facts.

You studied this stuff? I read your grade school brochure you posted. It doesn't say how it can affect that much water, they are obviously referring to dumping the oil in a body of water, not pouring it on the ground. Its not going magically sink into the ground and get in the water sources. It would have to be well water for that to be even possible and oil is not going to seep that far into the ground, it will get mixed up with dirt and rocks and disperse more and more over time until there is practically nothing. Are you afraid a raccoon is going to roll around in it and die or something? Because you seem like a member of the green party.

·
One with the farce
2,886 Posts
No, I'm not a tree hugger or anything by any stretch of the imagination, lol. And I don't unleash the "fury of caps-lock" either because that's retarded. It's just that not long ago everyone figured it didn't matter what you did with waste products, but when that same waste showed up in animals' and peoples' bodies in dangerous levels, something had to be done. That's why there are used oil/antifreeze depots now.
So yeah, I could care less about the green party.

·
One with the farce
2,886 Posts
So maybe we can end this discussion and post useful stuff about trucks.

·
Registered
85 Toyota Hilux
28 Posts
oil

I stand beside DCM. If we don't take care of this planet how can we expect it to take care of us tomorrow?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts