Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 to 60 in 2.4 miles
1994 Toyota Pickup
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the coolest, rarest, ect..item youve managed to pick up out in the yards? Another forum Im with had a similar thread and it was pretty cool. Im rather bored now so time for ya'll to show off what ya got. Me personaly? I havent found anything interesting around here yet, there was a van once with a full panasonic toughbook integration thing but it was so wired into everything I couldnt get it out.

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
Sony head unit, Apline amp, JL sub, sony 10 disc cd changer. found that in an old range rover. Found a sr5 gauge cluster in an old hilux v6 along with a map light/rear view mirror. good stuff.

·
Registered
406 Posts
a buddy of mine got 3 street bikes for free at a local yard a few weeks ago. 1 2001 kawasaki 750, and 1 2004 akw. ZX6 and 1 2006 ZX6. all have front ends wrecked but good frames. the 750 has a good running motor and the 2 others were just rolling chassis. a good find!! he got lucky.

-Adam

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've only been to a junkyard once and it was like a battle zone. Huge bulldozers and forklifts carrying battered vehicles all over the place. It's a wonder I didn't get crushed. I didn't find what I was looking for so I left and never went back to a junkyard again.

·
Registered
Toyota '94 p/u
51 Posts
Found a gold Rolex watch inside a door panel. I bought the door which was the right color but the door panel was a different color. I pulled the red door panel to replace it with my blue one and saw something. Picked it up and it was a Rolex watch. Sold it to a watch repairman for a $1,000.00. I'm sure after he fixed it he sold it for quite a bit more. It was going to cost a bunch to get it working again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
about a year ago, my dad and i stopped at the junkyard and it happened to be crushing day. They had all the cars lined up ready to be crushed, we asked the guy if we could pull parts from the cars before they got crushed, he said we could pull ANYTHING we wanted...

so in about an hour we had the entire interior and exterior pulled from an eclipse, and took it home for nothing...

we've since paid him with a case of beer purchased with our profits from the parts...

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
a buddy of mine once found a perfect condition 22ret in a pickup which needed a little body work, nothing was wrong with the frame and there was no rust! but he didnt have the money for it, and i was out of town, so we couldnt go half on in. kinda sucks.
BTW, i love your avatar mech_head6!!

Cam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.