Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05 DC Short Bed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that have camper tops or regularly carry heavy loads - what kind of lift do you think is the best option? Price is a factor.

If your truck is like mine it is level to maybe even sagging in the rear with the camper top. Most of the lift kits have a higher front lift than rear, which would probably make my setup even more saggy in the rear.

Thoughts???

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
OME Dakar leaf pack. increases payload also with these. which is good if you have a heavy top. quite expensive also. how much you wanna spend?

·
Registered
05 DC Short Bed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoping to spend less than $400 total (front & back) - perhaps something like the Toytec lift. However, ultimately I want to do what makes most sense and balances out best.

What are you using in the front? Coilovers I assume?

·
Registered
839 Posts
smokymt said:
Hoping to spend less than $400 total (front & back) - perhaps something like the Toytec lift. However, ultimately I want to do what makes most sense and balances out best.

What are you using in the front? Coilovers I assume?
Donahoe coilovers in front and ome dakar leaf springs in the rear. It rides and handles loads quite well :clap:.

However it will be like 4-5 times your budget :lol:

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
My Toytec lift has handled loads well. I've haul 10 bags of pellets (40lbs each) a couple times along with 2 adults, 2 kids, and various other things in the bed. Bed squatted a little, but not much. More of a slight bounce as I tossed in the bags.

I will say it handles loads with the AAL SOOOOOO much better than stock. When stock it would hit the bump stops with maybe 200lbs in the bed.

The AAL's work fine, but I would probably pick the OME coils instead of front spacers if I could do it again. Spacers work ok, but the rides is rather harse and jarring when driving over large bumps.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I tried AALs, but they didn't provide the amount of lift I wanted. The camper shell didn't help much either. The OME Dakars carry around my shell with ease. Just save up your money and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
441 Posts
how about air shocks for the back? is this a n option?,, if so how much $$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts