Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For starters, i have an 06 dmb cab sport package.

Im trying to determing the best place to mount my amp. Its relativly small (8"x10"x2.5". I was considering under the drivers seat, but... that seems like a lot of work to remove the seat and install the amp, plus im kind of worried about water getting on it (since we have snow and rain a lot).

The only other place is behind the rear seats, yet i dont want to ruin the storage containers. Would be nice if i could get it in there and not lose the container, maybe only part or somthing.

ANyways, what do you guys think?.. also there will be no sub, im just gonna run a good set of 6x9's off the amp in the front, that way i dont ruin the plastic.

·
Tacoholic
343 Posts
Removing the driver's seat is way easy, it's just 4 bolts. It's easier than taking off a door panel.

Besides, what else are you ever going to use that space for?

Also, if you are going to use the stock radio, here's a tip for hooking up the front speakers really easy.

At the back of the radio clip the front speaker wires. Run 2 4 conductor speaker wires or 4 2 conductor speaker wires back to the amp.

Basically you can run the output of the amplifier back up to behind the stock radio, and you solder those wires to the front speaker wires there. That way you don't have to run new speaker wires all the way to the doors.

The other set of speaker wire (1-4 conductor or 2-2 conductor) will be used for the speaker level outputs of the stock radio to the speaker level inputs on your amp.

I don't understand what you mean by "ruining the plastic."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts