Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place, like classified to sell your Tacoma?

FOR SALE: 2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, Long Bed TRD Sport.:disappoin
Miles 3,800

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
dang that sucks man, wish you best of luck. I was seeing if it was black so i could trade you for your hood scoop :).

As far as selling try placeing a for sale sign on the truck. See how that goes. Or put it in the auto trader.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used the auto trader once to sell a car. It was easy but took 3 months to sell. Spend the money and get a run till it sells ad and one that will allow for a bigger picture. Good luck

·
Registered
342 Posts
My dad sold his 89 Toyota pick up on craigslist.com in 30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
I've had reasonable luck on autotrader. good wide circulation. There is one way to get it online and in the hard copy as well, seems best, not everyone is online even now. High end (newer) vehicles seem to do better online, older lower cost ones in the paper version.

Sold 2 cars through there with minimal fooling around.

·
myspace.com/tempernoi
38 Posts
craigslist.com I sold my S-10 on there in literally 5 minutes. I posted, checked my email and had to messages, first dude bought it the next day. Autotrader gets LOTS of lookie loos, Ive never had luck with that. Its worth doing I suppose. Cant go wrong with craigslist. Its free. Worth a shot.

·
myspace.com/tempernoi
38 Posts
oh and seeing as your in oceanside. We have carsoup.com here in socal. I sold my lightning through that, took a few weeks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I recently did both Craigslist and Autotrader to sell a 4Runner. What a huge PITA. Most people on CL were deadbeats, or someone that wanted it for like half of what I was asking, which was already far below book (book $13K, I was asking $10K for a quick sale). I routinely was offered $6K or so. Plus, half the time someone on CL said they would come see it, they never showed.

With AT, turnout was better, but someone also has a larger number of vehicles other than yours to look at. If it's priced low, it'll sell quick. Otherwise, be prepared for a lot of phone calls that go nowhere, a lot of people that show up, take a lot of your time, and you never hear from them again. For more expensive vehicles, most people just want to go to a dealer. I would recommend taking it to one and seeing if you can work something out. Any Toy dealer should want a nice ride like that.

I'll sell beaters online, but I'll never sell anything worth anything again.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I tried Autotrader and Craigslist to sell my '03 Tacoma. Nothing but tire kickers for 3 months. I put it up on eBay and had so many offers that I closed the auction in a day. Sold! Post some clean pictures and do a decent writeup and it may go fast. Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
TheKneebiter said:
Agreed give Ebay a shot. I just sold my old 94 Toyota pickup on there this past Wednesday. In over 7 days time I had over 4200 page views and 25 bids. Very happy with the way it turned out. Ran me about $80 in Ebay fees.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Your Tacoma has 3800 miles? Where are you located?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Lol just scrolled down to recommended reading and didnt even pay attention to the date.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts