Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left light just went out so instead of just replacing the light, I wanted to buy a set of new BRIGHTER lights. As you know camry's light are so dim, like friends ask me "Are your lights on?" lol

So please suggest with the best price. I am in Canada now btw.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I personally went with some PIAA bulbs my local Canadian Tire had on hand due to an order mix up, I'll get some pics tomorrow. I have stock housing that I polished to remove the ugly yellowing there known to get, so they don't look too bad but they are still far brighter then the Silvania Silverstars my mom has in her Lincoln. As for the HID kits I would watch out as TC and the department of highways have been handing out tickets left right and center locally because most of the "DOT Approved kits" are only usable in a HID depot housing according most provinces and are still illegal for use on public roads in many parts of Canada.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I personally went with some PIAA bulbs my local Canadian Tire had on hand due to an order mix up, I'll get some pics tomorrow. I have stock housing that I polished to remove the ugly yellowing there known to get, so they don't look too bad but they are still far brighter then the Silvania Silverstars my mom has in her Lincoln. As for the HID kits I would watch out as TC and the department of highways have been handing out tickets left right and center locally because most of the "DOT Approved kits" are only usable in a HID depot housing according most provinces and are still illegal for use on public roads in many parts of Canada.
:thumbsup: good stuff, waiting for those pics, either way I am going to pick up some bulbs tonight from Cdn Tire.

About the legal issue, I am not sure but I think it's illegal even if you don't have the HID housing.... maybe it's different in Ontario? I am in Montreal, Quebec.

·
Registered
33 Posts
:thumbsup: good stuff, waiting for those pics, either way I am going to pick up some bulbs tonight from Cdn Tire.

About the legal issue, I am not sure but I think it's illegal even if you don't have the HID housing.... maybe it's different in Ontario? I am in Montreal, Quebec.
Well first of all I'm not in Ontario I'm in Saskatchewan, second I think you misread my post. It illegal here to have HID's with or without the housings as they do not comply to TC and the department of highways laws for glare.

But these are some pics of my PIAA's, they seem a bit scattered due to the bit of fog we had this morning when I got home.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Given how bright my PIAA's are for the cost compared to HID's I really don't see the need for HID's especially considering how much the ticket and fines are locally. You can be fined if they have a complaint and they find them installed even if there not in use at the time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just replaced them with Sylvanas, I noticed a bit more brightness. Didn't see any "PIAAS" Happy with it.

Thanks for posting pics scorpius.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No problem, only reason my local Canadian Tire had them on hand was because they messed up a couple orders and had a decent variety of PIAA's in store at the time when I decided to buy new bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts