Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin for the best lift for a 04 tacoma 4wd. . . . Been looking at Fabtech suspension lift but open to other options.

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
How much do you have to spend, and what do you intend to do with the truck?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not looking at anything HARDCORE offroad, but definately lookin at doing some weekend ventures. Spending wise, right now i guess i'm looking for the best in different price ranges. and then go from there.

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
There is no best in different price ranges. You get what you pay for, so what is your budget?

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
I would go with a coil over kit. Stay away from the drop braket lifts. The require you to cut the frame. Once they are on they don't come back off.

·
trd04taco
2004 Tacoma 4WD TRD
476 Posts
Camburg Engineering (uses Sway-a-Way)
Sway-A-Way
Donahoe Racing
Those are your best Coilovers for the front IMO. Fabtech, Toytec, and All-Pro also have slightly lower priced coilovers. I'd go with replacement leaf packs for the rear. Camburg, Total Chaos, and All-Pro offroad make upgraded upper a-arms and ball joints to make the system tougher. You can also go with a long-travel kit, but that requires you to get fiberglass fenders and longer front axles.

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
trd04taco said:
Camburg Engineering (uses Sway-a-Way)
Sway-A-Way
Donahoe Racing
Those are your best Coilovers for the front IMO. Fabtech, Toytec, and All-Pro also have slightly lower priced coilovers. I'd go with replacement leaf packs for the rear. Camburg, Total Chaos, and All-Pro offroad make upgraded upper a-arms and ball joints to make the system tougher. You can also go with a long-travel kit, but that requires you to get fiberglass fenders and longer front axles.
UCAs are out of the pirce range. They are nice, but as long as he dosen't jump it too much the ball joints will be fine.

·
Premium Member
2003 Tacoma
186 Posts
lift kits

I have also researched this (so much I have driven my wife to hate when I'm on the computer) I would also stay with the coil over, 3.5" fabtech looks good and from what I have herd (other tacoma owners that have done both cut and drop control arm and coil over) that the coil over and add a leafe is the best way to go.

Dave

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Davf24 said:
I have also researched this (so much I have driven my wife to hate when I'm on the computer) I would also stay with the coil over, 3.5" fabtech looks good and from what I have herd (other tacoma owners that have done both cut and drop control arm and coil over) that the coil over and add a leafe is the best way to go.

Dave
So FABTECH is the way to go? any links?

·
Registered
1992 xtra cab 4x4
356 Posts
ive looked at the toyotec lift kits, and im curious as to why the 3" coilover "pro deluxe 1000" only costs about 300 bucks.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/9504tacocart.html#OMEcoilkits

that seems a little inexpensive. is it because its just an add-a-leaf instead of an entirely new set of back springs?

im hoping to do 3-5" somewhere in the next year or so, and am trying to figure out how much it will cost (unsure of what my budget for this will be), and how difficult it is going to be to do it myself.

is there any kind of an sas option for these trucks?

basically, 300 seems a bit inexpensive for what im wanting to do.
would i be better off with an entirely new leaf pack, or would i be alright with the add-a-leaf?

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
jefronhen said:
ive looked at the toyotec lift kits, and im curious as to why the 3" coilover "pro deluxe 1000" only costs about 300 bucks.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/9504tacocart.html#OMEcoilkits

that seems a little inexpensive. is it because its just an add-a-leaf instead of an entirely new set of back springs?

im hoping to do 3-5" somewhere in the next year or so, and am trying to figure out how much it will cost (unsure of what my budget for this will be), and how difficult it is going to be to do it myself.

is there any kind of an sas option for these trucks?

basically, 300 seems a bit inexpensive for what im wanting to do.
would i be better off with an entirely new leaf pack, or would i be alright with the add-a-leaf?
You're basically paying for replacement springs for the front and AALs for the rear. I think Downey Offroad, or quite possibly someone else, sells an SAS kit for our Taco.

A new leaf pack would be better, but if you're on a budget, the AAL would be good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts