Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I currently drive a prius and recently had to replace the water pump, i then couldn't fully bleed the coolant as the prius has fancy electronics and had to bring it in to the dealer. Long story short they failed to bleed the air out off the coolant properly and told they would have to diagnose the issue. Meaning that i could be liable for a huge diagnostic fee or could not. I was able to bleed all the air out after following the correct procedure something a toyota master tech should have done. Once the air was out the coolant level dropped a bit due to no more air pockets.

My dilemma is that i paid money for the stealership to do the job and they didn't do it. I can easily fill up the coolant and top it off and not go back to them. However i'm upset that the dealer did not do it right in the first place. They should have taken it back and re-bled the coolant properly and then mentioned diagnosing it, or something like that. I am currently in school so when i spend money i make sure its worth it. So what is the best way to handle this? Do i go back and get upset, do i just leave it? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
just a nobody
Echo
6,610 Posts
Talk to the service manager about your situation, explain it to him or her that you had paid for work that wasn't done properly, and you had ended redoing it again afterwards. It is difficult to say how he or she would react, but won't hurt trying. The other option is go to the BBB to see if they can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, i'll do that its just that i look way too much like a little kid, so its hard not to get push around a bit. It just really pissed me off that i had to be forced to pay a diagnostic fee for them do to anything.

EDIT: I have NOT paid the fee yet.

·
just a nobody
Echo
6,610 Posts
If your reasons are valid, I don't see why how you look would come into play. Just ask them to provide you with a good reason why you should pay for the diagnoses when you were still having the same problem you had brought the car in for.

·
Premium Member
95 CAMRY & 2011 CAMR
1,041 Posts
CARFAN117......Just call the dealership and ask for the General Manager's email address. Tell him what happened. He will lean in your direction as far as problem resolution. Service manager's will do what GM says.

Jim

P. S. You might just add to your email that your fellow Toyota Nation Forum members, suggested that you give the GM a chance to help you.

·
just a nobody
Echo
6,610 Posts
I would advise against that, it can have adverse affect on the service manager. You are going over his/her head to contact his/her superior; in a way, you are telling him/her you don't respect his/her position as head of the service department. Until he/she give you a good reason to go to the GM, keep it within the service department; show your respect to him/her as the decision maker for that department.

·
Toyota Master Technician
95 T100 4X4
811 Posts
damm slackers wont buy the damm proper tools to make their life easier
this tool here will put your cooling system in a negative vacuum then after 5 to 15 minutes with the system under vacuum i switch it to fill and the vacuum will completely fill your cooling system :D

This is coming from me working at autonation.

Talk to the service manager about your situation threaten them that you will give them a bad survey ( they go head over heels for good surveys)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts