Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sightline hybrid, Toyota OEM wiper blades. They aren't that great.

I am looking for efficient, no streak, and no chattering.

What is your favorite wiper blades?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I treat my windshield with Aquapel, Rainix or similar products (based on the offer I get). Works best in conjunction with almost any (non abused) blade. I also tried carnauba wax on the windshield but wasn’t thrilled.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was a fan of the OEM Honda wiper blades, but the Toyota's is not the same quality.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Tried Costco Michelin's and they were really noisy. Ended up changing the OEM rubber from dealership and feels quiet and new again.

·
Registered
2018 Camry SE
69 Posts
My 2018 SE is 27 months old and the original wipers are still working perfectly. They seem ready to last through another Chicago winter so I'm going to leave them on until spring.

When I replace them in the spring I plan on getting the OEM rubber insert refills:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put a set of those PIAA blades on my previous car and I hated them. They were horrible. Not sure if I just got a junk set but not sure if I would spend the money again on them.
I was gonna try PIAA silicone blades, but seems like it is not worth the money.

So I am looking for a decent hybrid wipers.

·
Registered
2014 Highlander
504 Posts
I rely on Consumer Reports for consumables like wiper blades and in their tests they found very little difference between the cheapest and most expensive blades. They recommend buying whatever you want and changing them out every six months - before winter and before summer. I don't usually get the cheapest set at the auto parts store but instead find something about a third of the way up the price chain and I've been very happy with the results.

·
イリジウム
11,856 Posts
You can check out different grades of Trico on rockauto, play with the shipping to get those from the same warehouse.

Sometimes the shipping is kinda messed up, for example, the left side of Bosch beam type ships from a different warehouse than the right. The shipping charges kill the deal.

So try Trico or Bosch. No Anco for me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can check out different grades of Trico on rockauto, play with the shipping to get those from the same warehouse.

Sometimes the shipping is kinda messed up, for example, the left side of Bosch beam type ships from a different warehouse than the right. The shipping charges kill the deal.

So try Trico or Bosch. No Anco for me.
The Trico Neoform does looks like the OEMs.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,506 Posts
Currently I;m using Michelin stealth XT and after 2 years they are still good. They are not cheap, I got them at WM for $18 (26") and $14 (18") or something like that, but compared to the OEM wipers Michelins are $10 cheaper.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts