Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Gen 8 Camry XV70
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey group,
Unsure where this post should be post it at. But i just got scammed by tommiller this mf that message me about buy a laptop with techstream. The rest of the people that message me say they know someone to email them . I made the biggest mistake and just wanted to give you guys and ladies a heads up

·
Mr. Roo
Lexus IS300
11,548 Posts
View attachment 327464 Hey group,
Unsure where this post should be post it at. But i just got scammed by tommiller this mf that message me about buy a laptop with techstream. The rest of the people that message me say they know someone to email them . I made the biggest mistake and just wanted to give you guys and ladies a heads up
yeah, unfortunately, this is a hugely common scammer scheme that has been going around for a long time. I'm sorry you fell victim to it.

Feel free to report those members and messages so we can ban them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My experience with the mr2oc.com forums so I think it's a prevalent scam...
1. YOU post an ad in the WTB section
2. They respond with a message saying that they have the part
3. They ask for payment via "friends and family" on paypal
4. Your out money as they're scammers

My recommendations...
If you post an ad on WTB pages, search ebay for parts you are looking for and compare with those they send you...the scammers will "steal" pictures from legit ads.
Also, NEVER pay with friends and family...legit seller will understand regular paypal fees and you will have recourse if part never comes
And ALWAYS ask for pictures of parts, and check to see if they're their parts. Scammers also will send a package so that they can show a tracking info but they actually send you some worthless trash.
Unfortunate situation with WTB ads these days.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry LE V6
4 Posts
Ill check my email for new TN posts and see conversation pop ups that lead to nuked accs that have send emails to "ppl who have my parts" lmfao. So far ive gotten six scammers in a week. And of course reported all of them except the ones that already dont exist anymore.
Very sad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts