Toyota Nation Forum banner

bigger brakes????

1513 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Kensuke
I want to swap my factory brakes for something bigger without breaking the bank. What Im looking for is a bigger front brake setup that came on another Toyota vehical that will interchange with my Camry.
I have looked on the Advance autoparts website and others for info, but they dont tell you the brake size. I did find that the Camry had a rear disc option so I should be able to find what I need for that in the local salvage yard. I would think maybe a Camry station wagon or maybe even a Solaria front brake setup might work.
I also have a few old 65 Ford Mustang and know that for years if you wanted to swap out to disc on the front to go find an old Ford Granada and get all of the brake stuff and it would bolt onto the Mustang, which is where I want to go with the Camry.
I dont want to go with Brembo's or Wielwood, ect. because this is a daily driven car and it would cost a fortune to keep up with buying parts from these manufactors.
Has anyone out there got any info on this..............Thanks, Mike
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
i think avalon brakes might work. i think the rotors are bigger than stock camry rotors. try going to the dealership to find out some more info.

· stealth
290 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,193 Posts
to answer that ? read this http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=24244&highlight=big+brake Its basically a caliper relocator. They are cnc aluminum brackets that move your calipers up to fit the larger rotor. The system does work(i have it on my car). You can purchase the kit w/ or without the rotors. The rotors are made by ikuta who makes the stock rotor for the supra, so its like buying oe. You can also buy brembo rotors yourself and buy the brackets. Ericsol sells them, he also designed them.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
re; bigger brakes

Fresco Bob said:
ya the es300 parts swap onto camrys to. what year cam do you have
I have a 95 Camry. Also I can tell everyone that I dont think the V6 Camry of the same year is any bigger since the part number is the same for both motors as listed in the Advance autoparts website..........Mikey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.