Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
05 Tundra 4x4 TRD
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shopping for some new tires for my 05 Tundra. When I mention going up a size taller the tire guys say it'll mess up my computer and cause me all kinds of problems. Has anyone else experienced this? I know I'm not the first to go to bigger tires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The guy is nuts. It will throw your MPGs off and your speedo will also be off. If you have TPMS the sensors may not fit your new wheels (happened here) it will make a little light go off on your dash but it's nothing to worry about. I had all 4 sensors taken of and put them on a small cart wheel, inflated and attached to the spare and it did away with the light. Unfortunately, I live on the border with Mexico and cross over, I can't take my truck cuz they will think I'm smuggling something. When I take the little tire off the light comes back on.

So in my experience other than losing MPGs, light on dash due to TPMS, and speedo off a bit you should be fine.

Anyone else please chime in if you know different.

I've been shopping for some new tires for my 05 Tundra. When I mention going up a size taller the tire guys say it'll mess up my computer and cause me all kinds of problems. Has anyone else experienced this? I know I'm not the first to go to bigger tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.