Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
18's would be the biggest I personally would put on a Solara. But even then you should drop it. Otherwise you'll be riding pretty high. And the wheel well gap will be huge.

But I think some 18's with a 1.2" drop would look good.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
^ me too, you gotta roll the fenders to get 19's and 20's to fit w/out rubbing on the 1st gen solara's.

Keri

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coo thanks think im gonna start off with 18's then go 19's in the future

·
Pimpin' In Paradise.
2000 Toyota Camry
339 Posts
Those rims are huge man. What series tires is that guy running? I'm on 235/40/18's and my ish rubs in the back (camry).

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
cool, i just thought you needed to roll them since a good friend of mine here has 20"s om his 1st gen solara and had to roll his fenders...the big rims really are quite a pain...he got too close to a curb pulling into a parking spot & bent one of them :eek:
more trouble than they are worth in that size imho..i want to drive without worrying my rims all the time.

interesting offset of +34mm. i know stock offset is +38mm and the 14" BBS rims i currently have on my car are +42mm. it makes a nice difference having a bigger offset feels like a nicer contact with the road to me. plus doesn't "hide" out in the wheelwells as bad as the old steelies :)

the Volks are quite choice, once i get my 17" OZ's powdercoated i will be in that club hehe ;)

Keri

·
Registered
173 Posts
Question about rims .... what is the ratio of the L/100km with biggest rims?? More economy or more expensive

Thank you!
David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts