Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else delt with them? be careful, the last time i took my camry for the transmission problem, i left my scanguageII conected (http://www.scangauge.com/) to monitor how they drove it. :disappoin they left it on for about 6.3 hours and drove it 16 miles only!!! at first i just got upset and tried to forget about it but i could not let it go so i called my service manager and asked him why in the hell was it on fo 6.3 hours? the day total was 6.6hours but i dove 15min. to get their and that was it. i explained to him how my scanguage works and it does not lie but he kept trying to tell me the probally just had the keys on the on position.(for 6.3 hours:lol: wouldnt the batterie die?) what great service:thumbdown i wonder what happened the last times i took my camry in:disappoin

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
it seems at a number of garages, the keys are left in the ignition as not to lose them. if the keys are in the ignition, does the scanguage think the car is on (in either the on or off position)? it probably can be left this way all day (as long as the various accessories are off). i seriously doubt they would just let the car sit and idle just to do so.

hey, did they fix your car? if so, there really isnt anything to complain about.

·
SEcond Rate Products
406 Posts
if the car was running 6.3 hours, you'd go through about a quarter to a half a tank of gas as well...

·
Premium Member
2020 Highlander Plat, 2000 Camry LE
1,670 Posts
Yea I am pretty sure they just left the ignition on. The battery would not die if it was on for that long as long as the lights/stereo/ac/fan are not on.

·
Registered
1994 Camry LE
380 Posts
I wouldn't care if I took my car in and they left it running for 6.3 hours. Now if I took it in, and got it back with 300 more miles, and a half a tank of gas less, then i'd be having some issues. ???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
late reply but no they didnt fix my problems. my problems are the tranny thing and my windshield sounds lke its going to fall off when its cold around mid 40 degrees. so for you guys saying the must of just left the key in i think your wrong because (i forgot to mention) the used almost 4 gallons of gas and it was almost down a 1/4 tank and the keyes have to be on the "on" position for the scanguage to be on. they said they could not reproduce the trany thing and windshield noise so the second me and the mechanic drove off the lot in my camry the windshield noise started in the lower left corner LOUD and i look at him and start laughing and he says "it didnt do that yesterday?" and while i tried to reinact the tranny thing, no luck so i said f#%^ it so we went back to the dealership and he told my service adviser about the windshield is still making noise after the tsb already being done. then the mechanic tells me to leave my car but he wont promise the noise will go away so i told him forget it ill just learn to deal with it until i sell or trade the car in and told them whats left so i can leave and 2 minutes later i was on my way home. now i have to take my tundra in for the ball joint recall before it breaks and i get into a accident. but on the good side that is the only thing wrong with my tundra since i bought it in 04/06 but as for my camry.... sometimes i wish i just kept my 98 camry that nothing was wrong with. paid off and no noises but it has no power or looks compared to my 07:rolleyes: one last thing... its been a while but i dont remember why i was at the dealership one day for 2 hours and i saw a new tundra with the rest of the tundras on display that was on (engine running)when i first got their and was still on when i left. i saw it when i was killing time walking around looking at the trucks. ITS BAD TO LEAVE YOUR ENGINE ON FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME AT IDLE but i guess this dealership does not care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts