Toyota Nation Forum banner

Which would you be interested in ordering?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 2059 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks good :thumbup:

What level do you have the clip on?? Full preload

·
Registered
189 Posts
racer1x said:
Nobody else running these with stock springs?? I guess I'll have to order some and be the guinea pig.
I would still like a second guinea pig. ;)

I think am going to try these with the stock coils to just level out front end. I am going to wait until I get new tires though, which will be at the end of the summer. (I hate my dunlops, but I am hearting for cash right now. But, by the end of the summer I won't have a choice - they will be dead!)

Thanks for the pic workitjr!

·
Gil
2006 Tocama 4X4
211 Posts
Billstein 5100s question

I could use a little advice. I am thinking about installing the 5100s to both raise the front about 2 inches to level the truck, as well as improve the ride overall.

Is this a relatively easy do yourself (standard tools) install using the stock coils? I have hydrolic jacks, ramps and such.

Is this likely to introduce or increase drivetrain vibration (I already have a little on take-off)?

Is a front end alignment required?

I know the vibration issue is a tough question, btu any experiences will help.

Thanks
Gil

·
Registered
335 Posts
Check ou this thread it goes into some detail http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t182621.html

Its pretty easy to do the swap, the only special tool you need for the front struts is a spring compressor. You can rent one or go to an auto parts store and have them do it. Installation is a peice of cake for the rear also. I just ordered some and will post the results once I get them installed.

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
Ah ha! Now I see.. got this from the bilstein.com site:

Zinc-plated shocks that install like factory replacement shocks and are designed to correct the factory rake. The OEM spring seat is repositioned to provide more preload to the factory spring. The result is a level front to rear ride height. An extremely simple and effective solution, offering increased wheel travel while accommodating a 33" tire.

Currently available for: '04 - up Ford F150 4wd
Upcoming applications: Toyota Tundra, Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Titan

Boy, I guess you learn something new everyday, huh?

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
toku58 said:
NOPE!!! These shock are adjustable and can be adjusted up to 2.5" of lift with the stock coils!!:D :D
oooh... interesting.... I just noticed Saturday that my truck has the tacoma lean now, and I want to raise the front maybe an inch or so to level the truck out... I think I know what my next purchase may be:clap:

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
toku58 said:
$289 on Ebay!!
Dont know if I want the rears too? I think I may just snag the fronts from wheelers for 190 tomorrow. I got you to get in on the hood strut group buy, and now I think you are returning the favor:lol:

·
Registered
335 Posts
toku58 said:
$289 on Ebay!!
Thats where I got mine from, seems like a pretty good seller :thumbup:

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
amp2oo1 said:
Dont know if I want the rears too? I think I may just snag the fronts from wheelers for 190 tomorrow. I got you to get in on the hood strut group buy, and now I think you are returning the favor:lol:
Naw! just trying to help a brother out!!LOL!! $190 form wheelers??
So if you buy the back it would be $380???????????
Hell I'll be saving you about $100 if you buy the ones off Ebay! Now that's real value!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
335 Posts
The price from wheelers for the front and rear is 338 shipped.. Not a bad price, but not as good as ebay:)

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
toku58 said:
Naw! just trying to help a brother out!!LOL!! $190 form wheelers??
So if you buy the back it would be $380???????????
Hell I'll be saving you about $100 if you buy the ones off Ebay! Now that's real value!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ya its definitley a savings over wheelers... ill have to sleep on it and see what tomorrow brings:naughty:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Wheelers is a bunch of crooks and their customer service sucks. Try returning something yoi bought from them, using their bad advice. They will not accomodate you and deny what they told you to sell the item.

41 - 60 of 2059 Posts