Toyota Nation Forum banner

Which would you be interested in ordering?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 2059 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
:D Just bought a set of 5100 from the same eBay seller, the price is $265 for front and back, free shipping no tax unless you are in CA like me. Can't wait!

·
Registered
189 Posts
racer1x said:
I just got done doing the 5100's all around, and the ride is much improved over the trd shocks. I have the clip on the second from the top with non trd springs and the ride is great. It used to jar you on bumps, now it soaks them up.

05sctaco you made too much work for yourself on the rear shocks, I didn't even take the rear wheels off or jack up the rear to replace them.

I know your going to ask for the pics, but my cam batteries died. I started this morning at 8:45 and completd and cleaned up at 11:45. I just got back from a ride and I am not dissapointed with ride or ride heighth at all.

I'm going for lunch and batteries be patient with me.:whatwhat:
Sounds great! So, you have them on the middle setting right? Did you put the front and rear on the same setting, or did you leave the front highter? Can't wait for pics!

·
Registered
335 Posts

Well the pics turned out ok, I will be taking more. Thats it for now

·
Registered
984 Posts
Damn racer1, it looks like you shold have gone up another notch on the shocks. The front is still sitting lower. Looking good though. I just ordered a set today from the ebay vendor as well. I can't wait to get them. I am going to combine them though with the Allied motorsport spindles. I am think I am going to run them at stock height with deavers in the rear. I am also going to run 295/70/17 nitto terragrapplers. I don't even own my truck yet because I had to order it and it won't be here until the first week in april. I just want to have all my goodies for when it arrives.

·
Stupid is stupid does
5,554 Posts
racer1x

How is the ride? Are thoes just regular non TRD coils?

·
Registered
866 Posts
dont think so backend should be higher than the front so when you have a load its not front end lite :smokin:

·
Registered
335 Posts
lotust said:
racer1x

How is the ride? Are thoes just regular non TRD coils?
It rides nice, big improvement over the trd shocks. I didnt want to raise it too high because I dont have a lift in the rear.

·
Registered
984 Posts
So racer1, from it looks like you are on the second notch from the bottom? There are 2 more grooves on the shock that would make you sit higher? I am asking so I have a frame of reference when I go to install mine.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I didn't know the TRDs had different coils, I thought only the shocks were different. I have the struts off of my 06 DC sport sitting in my garage. If they would make my truck ride better then I will use them as opposed to the SR5 coils I am going to have on my new rig.

·
Registered
335 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
So racer1, from it looks like you are on the second notch from the bottom? There are 2 more grooves on the shock that would make you sit higher? I am asking so I have a frame of reference when I go to install mine.
Its actually the second from the top, the bottom plate goes over the clip to lock it in place thats why you cant see it(the clip)

Check the pic thats where I have it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Did you measure exactly how much lift that setting gave you? I wonder what each setting does for lift? Probably going to vary from truck to truck. Since I am getting spindles I think I am going to run them on the bottom setting since they give 4 inches of lift. I am also going to run deavers in the rear. 4 inches in the front and 1.5 in the rear. The truck should sit level then and be able to clear 295/70/17 terragrapplers. I dont want to really go any higher because I don't want to outlift the tires. That is the size tire I ran on my last Long travel taco and I think that tire size was perfect. You can check out pics of my old truck at camburg.com. If you go to 2005+ suspension mine is the the all white Long travel truck. Check out that size tire and tell me what you all think. It is just a tad larger than the 285/75/16, but just big enough to not be over doing it with the proportion of the truck.

·
Stupid is stupid does
5,554 Posts
i need to replace my TRD off road setup. I was sorry I installed it on my truck.

this OME/bilstein setup looks like the way im headed. :thumbup:

·
chips
28 Posts
Hello there, So what is the verdict on these shock....are they a yea or nea in your guys opinions......I have a prerunner dc sport...I am looking to lift my front only about an inch or so above the rear...Leaving my rear suspension and shock setup as it came from the dealer...What clip setting will I need to set the 5100s to accomplish this and will I experience a rough ride...Using the stock coils

any info will be appreciated

thanks chips

·
Registered
984 Posts
I don't understand your question. When you say "you are trying to lift the front an inch or so above the rear," does that mean you want to lift the front higher then the rear? Or does that mean you only want to lift the front 1 inch? If you want to lift the front to be higher than the rear you are going to have to set the clip on its highest setting.

·
Stupid is stupid does
5,554 Posts
Chips408 said:
Hello there, So what is the verdict on these shock....are they a yea or nea in your guys opinions......I have a prerunner dc sport...I am looking to lift my front only about an inch or so above the rear...Leaving my rear suspension and shock setup as it came from the dealer...What clip setting will I need to set the 5100s to accomplish this and will I experience a rough ride...Using the stock coils

any info will be appreciated

thanks chips

did you read the thread?

·
LaVaCrAwLeR
397 Posts
I have the toytec 885 coils with the stock trd bilstiens in front and back and want to change only my rear shocks since they bottom out when going over speed bumps etc, since I added the rear AAL.. Which shock do you guys suggest for this, must be longer than the stock shock, correct?? Toytec has some extended shocks, what do you think of either of these two?

Bilstein 5125 extended length shocks

or
OME Rear extended length shocks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
So i finially finished the whole process, i'll post pics up later, since i didn't have any internet a few days ether. But be for warned about the 885 springs, i have them on the second notch up from the bottom. so 1/2 an inch and to tell you the truth it's a bitch to install the shock, and get it in and i had to find a shop with a wall mount spring compressor or up, you can't so this by yourself unless you have the tools. It took me forever because my driver side steering knuckle wouldn't come out, so i had to take the lower control arm off, just to fit the new coils. 885 with 1/2 on the shock = really stiff. I would have to say just put in on the bottom notch, or use your factory springs with the top notch. I would have to say i'm glad i have a 2x4, because the CV boot angles on a 4x4 with my set up would be really bad when installing. But i'll have to hit some speed bumps first to see if everything is tighten on right. I didn't measure the lift yet, but i'll head over to my dealer and just whip out the measuring tape.

P.S. my truck looks like it's from SoCaL now with the front higher then the rear :disappoin .....

81 - 100 of 2059 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
338 Participants
mikenilson
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing