Toyota Nation Forum banner

Which would you be interested in ordering?

• Total voters
1021 - 1040 of 2059 Posts

·
TuRD
312 Posts
Yea, Sonny is a great guy. I had to give him a call during the weekend to double check how the rears go on - boot up or boot down. He gave me the Bilstein "rule" which is: Install Bilsteins so you can read the logo from left to right, not upside down. :thumbup:

*yea, it was a n00b question, but I'm use to dumping cars to the floor* :lol:
How in the world could you mount them upside down? Or am I missing something?:D

·
4.0 V6 - Autobot
378 Posts
Question. Installed the 5100's. The passenger side is 1/2" taller than the driver side. Is there anything (spacer, etc.) to bring the driver's side up 1/2"? Thanks, Tom
set your lift setting? left side might be 1 notch higher then the right.

got mine today, can't wait to slap em on.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
How in the world could you mount them upside down? Or am I missing something?:D
the 95-04 trucks have an eye on both ends so they can be mounted either way, whereas the 05+ only have one eye and can only be mounted one way.;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
The ordering deadline is Friday October 19th. Please submit all orders prior to this deadline to recieve the TN group buy price. Thanks.

Send all orders to Sonny @ [email protected]
Just a friendly reminder to get your orders in by Friday!;) Thanks for everyone's cooperation.:thumbsup: This was my first time doing anything of this nature.:ugh3: But I feel it went down pretty smoothly.:D Thanks again to everyone and a big hand for Sonny @ DSMS!!:clap::thanks:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just a friendly reminder to get your orders in by Friday!;) Thanks for everyone's cooperation.:thumbsup: This was my first time doing anything of this nature.:ugh3: But I feel it went down pretty smoothly.:D Thanks again to everyone and a big hand for Sonny @ DSMS!!:clap::thanks:

Thanks for getting this organized. Ordering was very easy, but waiting for my package to arrive is not!

·
Registered
198 Posts
OME Nitro Shox vs. Bilstein 5100's

I have a 3" coil lift from toytec, and i'm thinking about upgrading my shocks. i was just curious if anyone has had experience with both. I've heard the OME would work better because they're designed for the coils, but I've also heard the Bilsteins ride decent too (and that they ride terrible). I'm basically looking for a ride closer to stock because it's been a little stiff since the lift. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
yea, i would like to hear some thoughts on this too.

i just ordered the full 5100 setup from the GB, and i am looking into possibly getting a set of the 884 coils for my 05 V6 prerunner.

i have heard both ways on this, that the 5100/884 combo is stiff and others say its great. i know lifting a truck it will undoubtedly get stiffer, but hows the daily driving?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the 885 ome lift and the 5100's and i think it rides awesome. when i first installed the 5100's they were set too high (on the 3rd setting from bottom) and it rode SOOOOO stiff. speedbumps were unbearable. Then i got them adjusted right and it rides awesome. i dont have any regrets.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yea, i have them on the lowest setting now. as far as travel, im not sure exactly how much but i know theres a general consensus that if you are to buy the 5100's use the lowest setting as it will be better ride comfort as well as save your cv boots (if your 4X4).

·
tacomatose
384 Posts
I have OME shocks and coils, with no spacers at all, and the ride is very nice. It's pretty plush, but does not bob around as much as stock.

I've not used the 5100s, but I have heard the same as you: some say they are great and others say they are harsh. It does take a stiff shock to damp out big hits, which is why the TRD Billies are so stiff. I think sometimes people get the trd package cause it looks good, then they are surprised how hard the ride is on the road.

(edited 'TD' to 'TRD')

·
Registered
480 Posts
wow 25 pages..... hate to fire this up again....

I have 3inch toytec with 885 coils/top spacer and AAl out back, and running 285 mt's

well the 885 have sagged alot..

so iam going with the 5100..

Questions is ????????

1.top setting on the 5100 with the sagged 885 and top spacer

0r

2.top setting on the 5100 with the stock off road coils (500 miles the most on them) with top spcaer

the AAL out back is still sitting high, so iam looking for a full 3inch..

1021 - 1040 of 2059 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
338 Participants
mikenilson
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing