Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some pics Of the left front

How does that bushing look? How do you know tell if its shot and needs replacement

And about how long are these Bilstein 5100 front shock absorber good for on average for stock height and not much offroading

Automotive tire Rim Tints and shades Gas Automotive wheel system

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,239 Posts
Same ones I run !
There fine, best way to tell is to look at them when that wheel is off the ground. If the bushing is shot it will become supper thin one side or the shock can be moved/rattled.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same ones I run !
There fine, best way to tell is to look at them when that wheel is off the ground. If the bushing is shot it will become supper thin one side or the shock can be moved/rattled.
I don't recall if these Bilstein came with new bushings or not, maybe old ones were used I just don't know anymore!

I am looking into possible fox shocks on June 7th

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe strut mount top hat is shot?
That be an original with a quarter mill

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Musical instrument Motor vehicle Bell

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They come with the bushing already installed.
Are you having shock issues?
I don't know what issues are going on!!

It depends on the concrete surface
Banging noises locally

Yet I wheeled the mean streets of Chicago bumps and it wasn't nearly as noticeable so IDK what is causing the horrificd ride

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,239 Posts
I have about 225K on my truck and this is my second set of Front Bilsteins, OEM ones were replaced around 35k miles because of a bounce that trashed the tires.
Any unusual tire wear?
They are pretty stiff to begin with.
Bet to take one that you suspect the most off the truck and thoroughly inspect the shock and associated parts.
Could be internal valving issues with the shock, damping etc.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have about 225K on my truck and this is my second set of Front Bilsteins, OEM ones were replaced around 35k miles because of a bounce that trashed the tires.
Any unusual tire wear?
They are pretty stiff to begin with.
Bet to take one that you suspect the most off the truck and thoroughly inspect the shock and associated parts.
Could be internal valving issues with the shock, damping etc.
Original Goodyear wranglers had very bad inner cupping, even with routine tire rotations on the original Toyota front shock absorbers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts