Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Insanity makes more sense
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, today when I was ordering my KYBs to fix my blown struts in my car i noticed that Bilstein makes a set of struts for our 2nd generation camry's as well. Their product is priced way more than the KYBs... 150 dollars per strut vs 70. I was wondering is the bilstein struts are just over priced, or if they are in someway better than the KYBs? They claim to have dual gas tube construction on thier web page which i guess is different than that of the gr2s that kyb makes.

just wondering if anyone has ever driven a camry with bilstein and then driven a camry with kyb's and noticed any difference in ride quality.

·
NYR
509 Posts
WVcamry3sfe said:
Hey, today when I was ordering my KYBs to fix my blown struts in my car i noticed that Bilstein makes a set of struts for our 2nd generation camry's as well. Their product is priced way more than the KYBs... 150 dollars per strut vs 70. I was wondering is the bilstein struts are just over priced, or if they are in someway better than the KYBs? They claim to have dual gas tube construction on thier web page which i guess is different than that of the gr2s that kyb makes.

just wondering if anyone has ever driven a camry with bilstein and then driven a camry with kyb's and noticed any difference in ride quality.
Go with the KYB's!!!! price + ride quality, you cant go wrong with KYB struts(even though I have Sachs brand struts)
.....Not sure of the Bilsteins, but from what I heard, they are very unforgiving/harsh.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
8,233 Posts
Those Bilsteins are in their "Touring Class" struts/shocks. They are designed to be stock replacements only better. My *guess* is that they would be similar in ride to the KYB GR-2's, but better quality.

-Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
white90dx
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing