Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bird shit on my truck. I got the crap off and it seems to have made a mark where the crap was. used dawn soap and wiped lightly. Searched the forum and was wondering if that could be taken out by hand with a clay bar and or some polish.

·
I hate hippies.
1,285 Posts
I live in the middle of 50 square miles of vineyards in Germany, and when the grapes are ripe the dive bombers attack daily. Nothing like a grape diet to give you paint etching shits. I use rain-X wax a few times a year and that shits like pam cooking spray, nothing will stick to it. Clay bar sill take it right off though-

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Tacoma
23 Posts
I had a bird shit on my truck. I got the crap off and it seems to have made a mark where the crap was. used dawn soap and wiped lightly. Searched the forum and was wondering if that could be taken out by hand with a clay bar and or some polish.

Gotta keep your truck waxed on a regular basis to help that. I use original turtle wax and haven't had any etching or marks from the pidgeons that make the office parking garage home. Same cannot be said for some of my coworkers though.

There are a ton of good waxes out there. I've heard good things about Mothers. I've used their clay bar on my wife's car and it worked well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
it'll do that if you leave it on there esp in the sun for a few days I beleive

·
TacoFever
414 Posts
to fix your bird shit ... now that you washed with Dawn, which by the way strips wax off from your paint, you will need to add protection. I would claybar first then apply polish/wax.

Like mentioned above, I too keep a good layer of protection on my paint. I've switched from Meguairs Gold to Zaino. With a good layer of protection, it will always be easy to wipe away bird shit.
I had Zaino on my Prelude when some punks eggshelled it! Yes eggshells when hardened can strip your paint, but it washed right off using car wash/shampoo. :D The next night I was loaded with a dozen eggs in case them punks came around again :naughty:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Haven't had the bird crap problem but had a problem with a neighbors cat climbing on my truck at night after I got home from work.Told him twice to keep his cat out of my yard,he thought it was a joke.One night I parked in back by my shop where I have motion detector floods and sure enough about an hour later I saw the floods come one and there was the cat on my hood.i was prepared with high powered paintball gun and frozen paint balls.I snuck out around and when the cat jumped off the truck he got peppered with rapid fire and you could hear that damn cat scream across five yards.problem solved;haven't seen that cat for 2 months.For the cat lovers out there that think I'm cruel--- well you know----- no cat is gonna scratch up myrideandnot pay!:Bruce:

·
Registered
08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shit is gone baby

Thank you all for your suggestions. A few god damns, 1/4 of clay bar, rubbing compound, paint cleaner, car polish, a coat of carnauba wax, and the shit has left the building.:clap:

I will post picks hopefully tomorrow. The looks like it did the day I drove it home from the dealer.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Tacoma
23 Posts
Thank you all for your suggestions. A few god damns, 1/4 of clay bar, rubbing compound, paint cleaner, car polish, a coat of carnauba wax, and the shit has left the building.:clap:

I will post picks hopefully tomorrow. The looks like it did the day I drove it home from the dealer.

Congrats! now that you know how to do it, get ready for the car wax addiction.. I have to find other things to do so i don't clean my truck too often. Enjoy!

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
It depends on the bird, and what they have been eating. I keep a small detail towel and small bottle of detail spray in my truck. I always wipe off bird poo as soon as possible. It can do BAD stuff to your paint if it sits there long enough. Be careful when wiping the poo off, because some birds eat sand and pebbles to assist their digestion.

If the bird poo is acidic enough it can eat through your wax and into your paint. This is usually called etching. Usually polishing with a buffer will fix the paint damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts