Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
06 TRD Sport DC Lgbx
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new Tacoma today... an 2006 4 door 4x4 TRD Sport long bed. I really like the new truck but I'm experiencing mixed emotions right now since parked right beside it is my 2002 TRD xtra cab 4x4 which I now must sell. I love my 02 TRD but I needed the 4 door to have room for our 7 month old baby girl. My wife actually told me I had to get a new truck. I know that my 02 is a great truck but am not too sure of this new one yet. Hopefully it will be a good as its predecessor. Just wanted to vent a little my wife doesn't understand why I'm sad about selling the 02. One thing is for sure, I am sure I will like my new truck tons more once I bag those crappy tires! I have 17 inch rims with 265/65/17 Bridgestone HTs on it now. Does anyone know what size I can go up to without scrubbing? I was thinking 275/70/17 KO's but they are pretty pricey.

:confused:

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
Congratulations on the new additions to the family... your little girl AND the new Tacoma. I've never had a Toyota prior to this truck, but I can 100% for sure say that I love my truck. It has it's little nuances but then again, so does every other new vehicle (compared to the one you're getting rid of). If you have any questions, just ask... and if I know I'll fill you in... if not there are a whole bunch of other people around here that know more than I do. So, welcome fellow Carolinian... glad to have you aboard.

·
One Cool Taco
Double Cab SB
88 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Don't worry you will not be let down, these trucks are solid and with plenty of power to go with it. I also had a 02 Tacoma, but I really do not miss it (Mine was probably not as nice as your 02). I decided to go with a 4 door because we will start a family soon and need the extra room.:eek:

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
It just hit me (yes, I've been drinking heavily), your location says "SC" and you chose the maple leaf flag as an icon on the thread. Does that mean you've relocated from Canada to South Carolina or that you live in Southern Canada? Either way, where abouts are you at exactly?

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Don't sweat it, you just got it. Give it atleast a week, and you will love the new Tacoma. Just wait, til' you start spending money on it, then you'll really appreciate it. And don't forget to wash it very often, I feel like my Tacoma is brand new, every time I wash it. Congrats on the new purchase, and welcome to the TN.

·
Registered
06 TRD Sport DC Lgbx
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm from Canada but went to college in South Carolina & stayed (legally).

Liking the new Tacoma more and more as i drove it around today. Got my first accessory for it today a baby seat! Woohoo! It fits perfect and is black an gray to match the interior!

Will try to get my tires this week looks like I will go with Cooper tires. I got them on my 02 and have been pleased with them. Check them out, I will post pics when I get them on.

http://www.coopertire.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=LtTruck&id=190&title=Light+Truck+Tires

1 - 12 of 12 Posts