Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a member of tundrasolutions came over yesterday and I blacked his headlights out. He chose gloss black instead of the matte/flat that I used for mine. The gloss went perfectly with his Tundra, which is also black. He had the grille, grille surround, and his bumpers painted the day before to all be black. Here are a couple of pictures of the finished mod:

He was grinning from the time we shut the hood after putting them back in, until he left. Haha. Came out really great and I was glad he liked it.

Just a reminder, anyone willing to make it out to San Antonio to get this done, just let me know. I'm happy to do it, I actually enjoy doing it. Just shoot me a message on here and we can work out the details. :) This was my first "customer" mod, and there are at least 3 more people that are having me do it. Pictures to come afterwards.

Also I will be doing the LED mod to the gauges and my A/C controls, switching from orange light to white on the gauges and blue on the A/C panel. Might even get brave enough to change the ones on the LCD display for the radio...have to dig in to see if I want to do it. Although if I change all the other LEDs, why not go that extra mile and do the radio too...Should look killer when it is done and I will be doing a tutorial with video for that as well, so be on the look-out in the next few weeks!

·
26's Sittin High
75 Posts
Hey man I'm interested in having my lights done. I wouldn't mind driving down to SA (I live in Houston). I need to get my lights done as well. I could come down during the weekend because I have classes throughout the week.

A couple questions though:

1. How long will it take you to do the lights?

2. How did that dude get the border of his grill painted gloss black, and did you do it or did he get it done somewhere else?

3. Would it be ok if I came up there to SA during a weekend?

4. How much do you want to do my lights?

Thanks man, and I look forward to your response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any updates on the LED install?? Just picked up an 08 DBL last week and will definitely be doing the headlights as soon as things warm here in Buffalo, NY.
Thanks

·
Forumatic Immunity!
3,744 Posts
pretty cool, good to see that the tundra guys can do this on the new model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sweet! Great mod! Wonder if it would look good on my '08 white Limited Crewmax ? Has the color coded bumper with the chrome Toyota grille insert (plastic and from the dealership parts dept). I am curious about the LED mod! I changed out my DOme and map lights and am in the process of finding good LED bulbs for the side mirror courtesy lights,glove box,floor and anywhere else I can pt LEDs! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, a member of tundrasolutions came over yesterday and I blacked his headlights out. He chose gloss black instead of the matte/flat that I used for mine. The gloss went perfectly with his Tundra, which is also black. He had the grille, grille surround, and his bumpers painted the day before to all be black. Here are a couple of pictures of the finished mod:

He was grinning from the time we shut the hood after putting them back in, until he left. Haha. Came out really great and I was glad he liked it.

Just a reminder, anyone willing to make it out to San Antonio to get this done, just let me know. I'm happy to do it, I actually enjoy doing it. Just shoot me a message on here and we can work out the details. :) This was my first "customer" mod, and there are at least 3 more people that are having me do it. Pictures to come afterwards.

Also I will be doing the LED mod to the gauges and my A/C controls, switching from orange light to white on the gauges and blue on the A/C panel. Might even get brave enough to change the ones on the LCD display for the radio...have to dig in to see if I want to do it. Although if I change all the other LEDs, why not go that extra mile and do the radio too...Should look killer when it is done and I will be doing a tutorial with video for that as well, so be on the look-out in the next few weeks!

Badass truck. I just bought the same truck and am ready to black it out.
One problem I have with the front of the truck. You took all that time to black it out,but you left the dealer advertisement tag on the front. GET IT OFF THERE. Now doesnt that look better.:eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
i assume you have to pull the headlamp assembly out do do this mod. would you be able to post instructions or a description on how do pull the assembly out. i tried to get mine out today to do some adjusting so my lights arent in peoples faces all the time but couldn't figure it out. i'm not the most tecnical guy around but these are the first headlamp assemblies on a vehicle that i couldn't get out. i hope its not something easy that i was just missing.

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
theman55
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing