Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(couldn't find what i need with the search)

i own a cam 98 I wanna do some black housings to it.

is it possible has anyone here done it yet ? thanks

thanks in advance

edit: anyone shaved their door handles before and know the prices, or the sides?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can paint them yourself. No need to buy 'em, however there are some on ebay.com. Take out the headlights from the car and then put them in the oven and you'll be able to take off the plastic lens and paint the reflector housing.

·
Registered
678 Posts
No! Your lights can't be reflect and you won't able to see anything. Unless you swap projectors in there.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
cam98hi said:

edit: anyone shaved their door handles before and know the prices, or the sides?
WTF? Isn't just the sides the same as your first question?

But to answer your question, it isn't cheap. You have to get solonoid kits (Remotes and things that pop your doors open). I think a kit costs around 400-1000$. Search a little. It has been done by some members. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jackbutt said:
You can paint them yourself. No need to buy 'em, however there are some on ebay.com. Take out the headlights from the car and then put them in the oven and you'll be able to take off the plastic lens and paint the reflector housing.
I was planning to do that but is there enough housing on the camry, so that once it's done- the lamps still work correctly?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
itzsteven said:
No! Your lights can't be reflect and you won't able to see anything. Unless you swap projectors in there.
meaning if I did the housings it wouldn't turn out correctly because the lamps would be blocked with the housing and no light would be able to come though?

·
Registered
55 Posts
400-1000 for a shaved door handle kit? nooooo way. u can get a spal kit w/ 35lb. solonoids for around $130 on ebay. auto loc kits are higher but not $400.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
lepracon9 said:
400-1000 for a shaved door handle kit? nooooo way. u can get a spal kit w/ 35lb. solonoids for around $130 on ebay. auto loc kits are higher but not $400.
Hm....For some reason when i thought about this, 400 popped into my head immediatly. Then upon further thinking i wrote the 1000 so i wouldn't sound like a dumbass if i was too low. :lol:

I have never really been a big fan of ebay. From all the horror storys i've heard from them, i try to stay away as much as possible.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Luistol is shaving his door handles. PM him.

·
Registered
678 Posts
cam98hi said:
meaning if I did the housings it wouldn't turn out correctly because the lamps would be blocked with the housing and no light would be able to come though?
Yes. If your headlights were 00-01 then you can buy the aftermarket with the black housing. (even thought they're not really black housing)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts