12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on ebay those covers are just pre-cut tint
i think im just goin to have my friends dad paint them for me
he did it for my other friends truck and it looks great:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
My friend did it with spray tint like cmdrkettch said on his car and it turned out beautifully.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is that spray tint removable..
cause if i screw it up.....

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
I doubt a spray tint would really be removable, it sounds like its basically just like paint...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what i was afraid of i think ill just let the pro body shop guy paint them for me.:)

·
Cruisin' Colorado
91 MR2 turbo 83 RX-7
106 Posts
Try googleing - VHT NITE SHADES

It's a transperant black out tint... I might use it on my taillights if I can't get me some JDm ones.

·
Registered
1999 Camry LE
106 Posts
cmdrkettch said:
http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/How_to_Smoke_Taillights

is one way to do it. Another popular option, I believe, is to get window tint and put that on. Make sure when you're done that your tail lights are still visible. I know in Cali, your tail lights need to be clearly seen from 1000 feet away. Check your local laws just in case.
Definately use the VHT night shades... Mine came out perfect. Wetting sanding was ridiculous so I just left it with a clear coat and it was smoother than silk. Definately improves the overall look from behind.

·
Cruisin' Colorado
91 MR2 turbo 83 RX-7
106 Posts
Not yet... if i don't get my JDM tail lights I'm doing the night shades on the Camry and on the RX7

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya if anybody has any photos of their car with the night shades but photos with good light preferably that would be great... thnx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts