Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALL !

I'm trying to decide on a color for my new 09 if the financing stuff works out. I initially decided on the black sand pearl but my sales guy has almost talked me out of it. He claims the color is "flat" and lacks luster and depth? Unfortunaltely, the weather was ROTTEN the day I was at the dealership, therefore, the rain kept me from getting a good look at any bsp vehicles. Now having second thoughts on the color, I've been looking at the Grey Metallic and like that as well. If the sales guy never said anything on color, bsp is my first choice.

What are your thoughts on the 2 colors? I realize black is a difficult color to keep clean, HOWEVER, there is no color better than black when clean and polished IMO. Can anyone interpret his description or could it only be his personal opinion showing through? :confused: HELP.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I found color selection the hardest decision when getting the Tacoma. My advice is to go on a better day and look at all colors. Don't let the salesman talk you into it because your the one that has to drive the vehicle and live with it. We all have different tastes. I said I would never buy a white vehicle but seeing it on the lot really changed my mind. I think all vehicles are hard to keep clean especially white :). But I have no regrets. Go with what you like best, its a hard choice though, I like all the colors this year

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Both are dark and a PIA to keep clean. Black is the worst and will show "all" imperfections if you don't know how to properly detail, clean, and care for your paint. The new magnet gray is a sweet color, but you wouldn't catch me taken that color. Just my .02!

·
The Thread Killer
Taco DC 4X4 SR5
781 Posts
Hello ALL !

I'm trying to decide on a color for my new 09 if the financing stuff works out. I initially decided on the black sand pearl but my sales guy has almost talked me out of it. He claims the color is "flat" and lacks luster and depth?

What are your thoughts on the 2 colors? I realize black is a difficult color to keep clean, HOWEVER, there is no color better than black when clean and polished IMO. Can anyone interpret his description or could it only be his personal opinion showing through? :confused: HELP.
Your sales guy must be blind! BSP is awsome when clean, have a poor pic hope it helps

·
Registered
766 Posts
If the grey was available when I got my BSP, I would have chosen it for sure. BSP is nice, but looks a little like fish scales when clean...you never really get that deep rich black that a non-metallic gives when really polished.

·
Registered
06 V6 DC TRD Sport
259 Posts
I also was troubled with color. I realy wanted a SWB but the first dealer I went to had impulse red in what I wanted. Now, I also like red. Long story short, I am glad I held out for my first choice. (nothing aganst the impulse red crowd, I had a red vehicle already). I feel if I went with the red I would have wanted the Blue all this time. With getting the blue, our drive looked like christmas, Green, red, blue. :D Good luck on your choice and enjoy the truck, they are trouble free fun.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i can kinda see what the sales guy was talking about with the black sand pearl. i have an 07 black sand pearl. and no matter how clean you get it, it really doesn't shine like most other blacks do. i saw a nice waxed bmw at the mall a while back and was so jealous because it was like a mirror. i think due to the metal flake in the black sand pearl, it keeps it from having that depth. in some lights, i've had people tell me that my truck looks grey/greenish. and yes...it will show EVERYTHING! with that being said, i love my black tacoma and it is the only color for me.

·
Registered
2009 TM DblCb Tacoma
94 Posts
I think Black would be my second last choice, before Silver. I don't understand Silver... And the blacks do tend to look dull very quickly, so you'll have to keep it clean if you want it looking nice.

The Grey would be my third choice for a Tacoma, after Timberland Mica, and White (The tacoma is the only vehicle known to man that I like in white).

In conclusion, who cares what the dealer thinks? He ain't you.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
I agree in that you've got to see it in person, ideally on both a nice day and on a cloudy day. The different lighting gives you an idea of if/how the color changes. For example, the Timberland Mica is almost black in certain lighting, but a dark shade of green in other lighting.

When I set out shopping, I thought I wanted red. I liked the darker Impulse Red Pearl from prior years. When I saw the Magnetic Gray in person, I really liked it. I wouldn't pull the trigger until I saw the red somewhere, though. A couple of weeks later, the same dealer finally had a Barcelona Red parked next to the Magnetic Gray. Barcelona Red isn't as dark as Impluse Red; it's a compromise between Impulse Red and Radiant Red. My mind was quickly made up, and I got the Gray.

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
sounds like your sales guy was trying to talk you into buying a MGM he had in stock. i have seen several BSPs when they were clean and trust me, when the sun hits it the color shows plenty "depth". but i'm going with Pyrite Mica. i just love that color.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
^ i saw that color here in town a few weeks ago. it caught my eye for sure. great choice, shoguns. yes, i'm still holding those deavers for you. ;)

·
lostincali311
2007 Toyota Tacoma
127 Posts
BSP is awesome because the color changes depending on the time of day. Some times it looks Grey and other times it's a really dark Black. It is also a really cool color because it makes you wash your car and wax it all the time because it looks sooo damn good when clean. Plus your paint will hold up a lot longer than all the other colors bc your washing it all the time.

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts