Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
'08 Indigo Tacoma
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...trying to decide on chrome versus black for my Tacoma stuff. I have a bone-stock '08 Double Cab 4x4 L/B Indigo Blue. I'm planning on wheels, steps, and Bull Bar and am interested in opinions on chrome or black. I like the look of both on the dark blue. Any comments??? Thanks - G²...

·
'08 Indigo Tacoma
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll be a 99% street driven truck but I want it to look capable of going just about anywhere. I'm planning on a 3" lift and 33" BFG KOs. I want it to look aggressive but drive well on the road. Probably asking too much??? G²...

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,127 Posts
There are a lot of people here that'll say go black because they can't stand chrome. But I've seen a few of those indigos with chrome wheels, chrome bull bar, chrome nerf bars, and chrome grill...They look absolutely awesome!

Now if you had white...that's another situation all together!

·
^the guitar, not the fish
'06 Tacoma
679 Posts
I personally like black, but go for whatever you like.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
My truck is SWB and mine only looks good in black but yours you can go either way both look good as a matter of fact theres a guy on the clasifieds selling a westin chrome bull bar for 200 if it was black I'd be all over it.

·
Grey
To be determined....
145 Posts
Hi there...trying to decide on chrome versus black for my Tacoma stuff. I have a bone-stock '08 Double Cab 4x4 L/B Indigo Blue. I'm planning on wheels, steps, and Bull Bar and am interested in opinions on chrome or black. I like the look of both on the dark blue. Any comments??? Thanks - G²...

Something like this? Bone stock, SR5 , 4x4 DC, Longbed! :thumbup:

Just got mine last week. Congrats on your new addition!

I'm getting a black tonneau cover and going with the chrome tube steps.
Indigo goes with everything.... No Worries!

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Chrome looks really awesome with the Indigo Ink. Just make sure your bull bar, sliders/side steps, bumper and rims are chrome.

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
Chrome hardly looks good on any thing, black or brushed chrome/aluminum

·
Registered
07 DC LB 4x4 Tacoma
194 Posts
Chrome dont get you home

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's pretty obvious to me.Offroaders like black,chrome for the street.Personally I think both look good if they are done right,but since I rarely go off road,chrome is my choice or actually pollished stainless steel with my Indigo Prerunner TRD Sport.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts