Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i need you guys' help on my brake bleeding job~!!!
im going to bleed my brakes this weekend and wondering if anyone knows the size of the tube i need to use for bleeding valve. ive tried to search the forum and looked in the Haynes manual but i could not find any information on the tube.

one more thing... im going to buy valvoline synpower dot3and4 brake fluid do you think its the best choice for my 2001 toyota camry i4 ??

thanks

·
2001 Camry LE
93 Posts
i'm not sure, but me, i didn't really use a tube, i just opened the valve when my dad pressed down on the pedal, I just had a cup to catch it, lol, and cleaned up any drips afterward

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
go to your local automotive store and pick up a two-man bleeding kit for a couple of bucks, and it will come with a hose, a cup, and also different bleeder adaptor sizes for different sized brake bleeder nuts

or if you want to spend more money, you can get a one-man bleeder kit and do it by yourself

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eye8Pussies said:
go to your local automotive store and pick up a two-man bleeding kit for a couple of bucks, and it will come with a hose, a cup, and also different bleeder adaptor sizes for different sized brake bleeder nuts

or if you want to spend more money, you can get a one-man bleeder kit and do it by yourself
is one man bleeding kit just as good traditional two man bleeding technique?

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
Yes and no.

Get a high quality kit (like Lisle). I bought a cheaper one that does not want to hold on.

One man bleeding kits need closer attention from the one person to make sure that the air bubbles are gone from the brake line/cylinder AND that the reservoir is kept full, as to keep air out. So take your time.

·
Registered
2002 Camry
2,231 Posts
Im with Eye8pussies, ive used the one man bleeder kit when i dont have a helper, which is usually.
Its awkward and a lot of trouble but heres a rough and ready one-man bleeder method if you dont have any special bleeder kit: I used a stick between the brake pedal and the edge of the driver seat to hold the pedal down after pumping. Then i moved to the wheel in question and crack the bleeder valve. Pump again, brace, bleed, pump, brace, bleed etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts