Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2020 XLE this past May and really enjoy the vehicle. This is our first Toyota, we've been a Honda / Acura family for 25 plus years. Curious if the Blind Spot Monitoring has an audible warning as well? For example if you put your directional on while a vehicle is in the blind-spot it will chime/ding? Several of our prior cars had that feature, however I can't find any settings to enable it on the Highlander. Browsing through the manual it doesn't seem to be a feature, unfortunately.

Otherwise - we love this vehicle. (Test drove the new Pilots (We've owned a 2006 and 2013 and test drove the 2020 Passport) Wife's last vehicle was a 2017 RDX Advanced package, however we wanted to go back to something larger.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unfortunately do not think there is an audible option. I wish there was. Our CX-5 had it, our Malibu hybrid does not.

We have a HiHy Lmtd and love it.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
No, it's not audible on Toyota.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Plat, 2000 Camry LE
1,643 Posts
Yes there is an audible chirp. Only happens when your blinker is on and someone is in your blind spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there is an audible chirp. Only happens when your blinker is on and someone is in your blind spot.

Hmmmm.....I've yet to hear it and have had the signal on while someone was in my blind spot (mirror BSM lights did blink, that was it)

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Highlander XLE AWD
17 Posts
The buzzer is only for the Rear Cross Traffic Alert.

BSM is the indicator in the mirrors only.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Hmmmm.....I've yet to hear it and have had the signal on while someone was in my blind spot (mirror BSM lights did blink, that was it)
I heard mine two days ago when I turned on the blinker and heard the beeping from the right side when someone was in that blind spot and the mirror was flashing.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon Limited. 2020 Toyota Highlander Limited.
18 Posts
Toyota’s BSM don't chirp or have any audible que.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon Limited. 2020 Toyota Highlander Limited.
18 Posts
Toyota’s BSM don't chirp or have any audible que.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Okay, so I drove it this morning a few places and figured that what the beep is. It’s the lane detection system chirping when I turned the blinker on because I got close to one side or the other at the same time. Otherwise when I turn the blinker on and someone’s in the blind spot it just flashes fast. No sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The audible BSM has been eliminated on several brands since 2016, because it was causing the drivers to eventually not looking / using the mirrors when changing a lane, for example, relying in the audible alert.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts