Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of fuse am i supposed to buy to fix this? the left side blinker is blinking really fast, and sometimes, ever so rarely, the right side will blink fast (on my brothers 98 camry le), also, the front left blinker blinks really dim, compared to the right side.

·
getn groceries in style
1,095 Posts
replace all your signal bulbs (or just the dim ones), problem should be solved.

when a bulb goes out, the blinker always goes fast.

jon

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, i thought it was a fuse thing, what should i be looking for, have any idea what the name of the bulb would be? i'm too lazy to check the manual right now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
If it is only one side it is most likely the front turn signal socket contacts. See tons over the years.Replece the socket or strech the contacts out.
The side that is blinking fast.

·
2015 Highlander LE Plus
87 Posts
I had this problem. The bulb is an 1157, but they are not all the same. The bad bulb I had was actually slightly different than another I had bought, the contacts didn't extend down into the socket quite as far thus the contact was lighter and the bulb wouldn't always work. Buy 1157's with the big round contacts on the bottom and make sure it is fitted tightly down into the socket. There's nothing wrong with the socket, it's the bulb design.

·
OLD TN dude
62 Posts
MadDawg,
If cleaning contacts/changing bulbs doesnt do it, it may be the flasher relay is bad. (Easy-plug and play install)
MCTOY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts