Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since it's rainy season in florida there happens to be lots of puddles. now when ever i hit one of these puddles my ac shuts off and the light starts to blink, so i turn it on and off and work till the next puddle. only recently started doing this ... what you guys think it is?

·
Registered
1993 Camry LE
172 Posts
I get the same thing with my 93 as soon as I start the car. If it's just sitting there in idle the AC light will blink. As soon as I start rolling I turn it off and on and it starts blinking.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the low side pressure today before i went to school. it at 47psi at idle and 35 at 3k. it doesnt seem low on gas but too much? is the clutch on the 1mz a/c dual speed?(yes they do make dual speed ac clutches)

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
I got the same problem...its just cuz it got wet and the pump wasn't spinning.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ thats what i was thinking when the belt slips the high pressure switch must of turned it off or set it to start blinking and disengage the compressor.

and brujo maybe your car is low on gas, i think the 93 are still r-12 so if you look near the battery there a dryer there and a little glass eye on it you can check to see if liquid is going through that when it is working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good info - happened on my 88 once... Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts