Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I check this site atleast once a day and everytime a lift kit topic comes around I check it out because I've been through it already. BUT! I've seen almost 99% of the time people say DO NOT get blocks and I've been wondering, why is this? I got a revtek 3 inch block lift about 8 months ago and have not had one problem with it. And it isn't like I'm not put any ware and tare on it because I off road about 3 times a month. Can someone please explain this?
Thank

·
This Space For Rent
14,152 Posts
Blocks will give you bad axle wrap because it puts more stress on the leaf springs making them de-arch quicker than normal. I would still get the AALs, they'll give you a tad stiffer ride, but it's much better for your springs.

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so your saying go buy an AAL kit and get it put on even tho i already have the blocks?

·
This Space For Rent
14,152 Posts
I'm not telling you to do anything, I'm just offering my opinion on what you asked. If you like your blocks then keep them, if not then go with the AALs. Maybe get some more opinions from others before making your decision.

·
This Space For Rent
14,152 Posts
Forgot to add that if you have the money, I would definitely get new leaf packs instead of blocks or AALs.

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to add that if you have the money, I would definitely get new leaf packs instead of blocks or AALs.
i got a new leaf pack with in this last year cuz when i had the truck shipped to my new house they tied it to the train by the leaf springs and they broke the back drivers side leafs. SO... i just got new ones, does that change anything?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I second this. I did the AAL's, but on reconsideration should have just replaced the leafs. AAL's beef up your rear suspension, (which is what I wanted, not the lift) but causes your driveline to vibrate at low speeds. I'm planning on getting new spring packs now, with at leased 4 layers.

·
This Space For Rent
14,152 Posts
EMAN, you can get replacement leaf packs to match stock height, which I think you have, or you can get new leaf packs that give you lift, highly recommended if you have extra $$$ burning a hole in your wallet.

·
Registered
2002 Tacoma 4x4
77 Posts
I have 02 taco, I have blocks in the back and spacers in the front. which i bought second hand, looks nice plus what I wanted although after about 9 months I had a leaf spring break so I had that spring replaced and then added a leaf cause the OEM springs appear to be unreliable. now my truck sits a little high in the rear and i would like to match it in the front but i dont think i can get anymore on the coils, any ideass?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have 02 taco, I have blocks in the back and spacers in the front. which i bought second hand, looks nice plus what I wanted although after about 9 months I had a leaf spring break so I had that spring replaced and then added a leaf cause the OEM springs appear to be unreliable. now my truck sits a little high in the rear and i would like to match it in the front but i dont think i can get anymore on the coils, any ideass?
Yes, they are crap. The springs on any grandmas Oldsmobile could do better!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts