Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really getting sick of my gen2 mr2......... all it has done is cause me problems and since I got it. it is the NA model it is weaker than my 90yr old grandma. also I have a leaking head and manifold gasket...I fried a piston ring drifting last night and some Civic beat me in a race at the races last weekend. Dont get me wrong, they are wonderful cars...great suspension, wieght distribution and such, but when you have and NA that one is pretty slow to begin with and then on top of that not working to its full potential it sucks. I guess i am just getting frustrated because I am bringing my car with me to japan and I was hoping to have it at top performance and with a 3sgte plugged in and ready to go, but none of it has worked out for me! thats all, just wanted to vent, thanks

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Okay..... why the hell are you racing your car when it has top end problems? Instead of running people you should be taking it into the shop to get worked on.... then go race someone. I can no officially say that I have driven both the n/a and turbo of the exact same car..... do the swap. You shouldn't have too much of a problem picking up an engine in Japan. In the meantime.... either fix what you have.... or treat it right. You can't except the car to be nice to you if you aren't nice to it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt racing it after I found out the problems that it had......I am stupid, but not retarded:lol: but i agree, and I have been going really easy on it since i found out about its issues

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Thats a good thing :thumbup:. But I had another question... if your driving a NA MR2.... why is your name: jdmsw20... wouldn't that imply a japanesse turbo mr2?... or is that soon to come?!

·
it was all a dream
4,213 Posts
I have a friend with a 5SFE powered car that blew a hole, literally, in his block - on a stock motor! Ive also seen countless 5SFTE projects end up in nothing but problems and more problems. Im just speaking out of experience and what Ive seen, so take that as you will.

Sorry to hear about your dillema bro - but don't let the 5SFE foul your perception of an otherwise fantastic machine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first off, the name is what I really wanted it to become when I got the car, but there are parts on it like; the 98 wing, km/h cluster that are working towards my goal. so yes your right, it isnt RHD, but there are no disgusting vielside bodykits or over the top paint jobs, just plain jdm style. so thats where the name comes from....damn good story huh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts