Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my car from parking and step on the gas a lil... n all of a sudden hears an explosion coming out the engine and the car started to shake... turned it off and took a look under the hood, got oil marks as if if blew out from next to the filter. upon closer inspection i got a nickle size hole right next to the oil filter and a one inch crack coming out of it. do you guys think i should even bother fixing that thing or just spend several more grand getting a new car? I don't have any automotive expertises so I am very much afraid that the rest of the car can break down as well really soon, so simply replacing a block, which will be damned expensive, would mean almost nothing. has this happened to anyone before??? i can't even ballpark the price to fix that unless some of you guys might know.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
get a quote for a 5sfe short block and labor. and decide from there

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
170K odo

found a new car this morning. 02 mazda protege5... yea i sold out... but my mom still has the rav4.

i will return the car back to stock soon even though i don't have much installed at all after i settle something to have it gone for donation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts