Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

First, I have a 97 camry LE 4cl. For a while now, my radio has not worked (it is not the one it came with), which wasn't a problem, I just learned to live without it, but now my clock, dome light, and part of my dash (like the lights that indicate if a door is open) do not work at all. I tried replacing the DOME fuse under the hood, but every time I try, it blows before I even get the fuse back in. I've checked all the other possible fuses, and none of them are blown. I've had to replace the dome/clock/radio fuse many times in the past, too. Also, the cigarette lighter works fine.

Can anyone help? Right now, I've got the radio pulled out with the wires still attached and everything looks fine but then again, I don't know what I am looking at. Please help!!!

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Short somewhere. Maybe a shorted dome lamp bulb? Try unplugging things in that circuit until you narrow down what blows the fuse.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Yes, I have used it to charge my iphone and I use the other one for my GPS
Might not be anything related, might be the problem. Try hooking them to another car. If one of the chargers is faulty, it could blow the fuse (don't worry, fuses are only a few cents each). Just a quick thing you can try before starting to take stuff apart. (worth a try).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts