Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No Front Plates "FTP"
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the day has come

yesderday my 1990 GTS died
So there is no way in hell im geting a new car, but im having probs finding the twincam 16v

What other motors will work with my ECU

EDIT

one of my friends stoped over yesterday and he is calling out blown headgaskit being the prob why the car is not starting and willing to put money on it....

two 0f my plugs are covered in oil so this might be true...but would a blown headgaskit keep it from starting up?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Smallport 4AGEs are not easy, but not "hard" to find, not as easy to find as the bigport 4AGEs. I think the problem you're having is that you're not looking for the right motor or not using the right words.

How did you blow your motor? unfortunately if you want to use the same ECU and setup, you will have to find a smallport 4AGE, the bigport 4AGE won't work with your ECU because your motor doesn't have TVIS. Look for any Japanese motor importers, they should be able to find a motor for you.

·
No Front Plates "FTP"
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it locked up when i was on my way home the other day...

i blow a oil return line so i lost all my oil:(

thanks for the reply

·
No Front Plates "FTP"
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also say i go with a Bigport. what other things am i looking at changing besides the ECU?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you can, KEEP THE OLD HEAD + INTAKE MANIFOLD. If it's in okay condition, you can usually sell it to help offset the cost of the new engine.

·
Registered
corolla xrs
55 Posts
hey you ya you could you f*&#ing stop puting those pictures into car treads cuz it's really annoying just keep them for yourself

·
No Front Plates "FTP"
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

hey guys,

one of my friends stoped over yesterday and he is calling out blown headgaskit being the prob why the car is not starting and willing to put money on it....

two 0f my plugs are covered in oil so this might be true...but would a blown headgaskit keep it from starting up?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
It be cheaper to buy another motor, unless you want to actually put some real money into it and rebuild it with performance internals.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
but would a blown headgaskit keep it from starting up?
Theoretically yes its possible from two reasons, 1) Your coolant has leaked into the cylinder so much that you have hydrolock, 2) you dont have any compression and thus it wont ignite. However since it happened so fast, I'm not sure I'd go with the headgasket theory.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you say you blew an oil return line and it just locked up on yur way home from some where. Ouch, no oil and lockdown, i agree with Flashmn..., doubt the head gasket theory. Will it turn over, cause if it wont turn over and you don't have any oil and it locked up on you then your on the right track by looking for a new engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts