Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone direct me in the right direction on this fix?

I have a slight leak where the drivetrain mates with the trans, theres a silver housing that has a little bit of fluid seeping out. Im assuming this is a blown seal maybe? Anyone else have this problem in the past?

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts
Can someone direct me in the right direction on this fix?

I have a slight leak where the drivetrain mates with the trans, theres a silver housing that has a little bit of fluid seeping out. Im assuming this is a blown seal maybe? Anyone else have this problem in the past?
Blown??? If it were blown, you'd have fluid everywhere! Now leaking, that's probably what you are seeing happen.

Not sure how old the truck is, or how many miles, so can't really suggest anything other than a trip to the dealer. Seals wear out, and not much you can do about it.

·
I Like 'Ze Best
2007 TRD Sport
1,722 Posts
If you have what I had, it's the rear main seal. Take it to the dealer, mine went out at about 33K and change. It was covered under warranty. They said it wasn't common, but it seems now that I've been looking around, more people are getting it or had it.

·
let's kick this pig.
2006 Taco
381 Posts
Sounds like the rear main seal, if you're in warranty take it to the dealer. If not, check out the FSM on how to fix it and decide if you're doing it or paying someone.

·
Tina come get some ham
05 Sport 4X4
1,023 Posts
Mine has been doing this for a while now and i'm at 65k on my 05. Don't really know how much of an issue this is going to be....I'm sure it won't be cheap if you take it to the dealer. I'm guessing 300-500 bones to fix. No thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.