Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used the Blue-tooth connection in this car? We've been looking for a new mini-van and want to use our blue-tooth phones. Honda has abandoned their connection and now admit it doesn't work (but only after you really presss them for information). We're told the Sienna has a built-in Blue-tooth connection but the salesman admitted that no one at our local agency had ever tried it and they don't know if it works or not. This is an important feature for us. Would love to hear from someone who has used Blue-tooth with the Sienna and find out how much of the integration actually works.

Thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a DCR-TRV50 Camcorder that has bluetooth. I have never been able to sink the signal with my bluetooth dongle and I am skeptical about bluetooth and am much more of a WiFi fan when it comes to WireLess.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
bsquared in CA said:
Has anyone used the Blue-tooth connection in this car? We've been looking for a new mini-van and want to use our blue-tooth phones. Honda has abandoned their connection and now admit it doesn't work (but only after you really presss them for information). We're told the Sienna has a built-in Blue-tooth connection but the salesman admitted that no one at our local agency had ever tried it and they don't know if it works or not. This is an important feature for us. Would love to hear from someone who has used Blue-tooth with the Sienna and find out how much of the integration actually works.

Thanks for any replies!
It works great but it really depends on your phone and carrier.

·
JohnDPhoto
'07 Sienna Limited F
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi -- We have a '07 Sienna Ltd with nav. (And we're lucky) -- an '07 Tundra Ltd. Both have the Bluetooth and they both work great. Sprint with Samsung phones. The website listed has very helpful info. You will be pleased with the system. On the Nav model - Sienna, it pops up with your speed dials on the screen when you get ready to callsomeone.

Enjoy;

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the link above guys which informs us about the bluetooth phones and the Toyota vehicles that are supported.

- K

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
It's much easier to hook up bluetooth on a navigation based system then with a regular stereo.... i.e. you can hook it up via touch screen and see how everything is working rather than doing it all via voice commands and it takes much longer to get it set up.

Remember, though, the toyota Let's Talk website does not list all the compatible phones! It says that my husband's LG Dare will not hook up to my Camry but it hooked up faster than you can say, "Wow, really?" Just keep that in mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts