Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! Its that time again, my parents need a new car. They've picked out 2 cars that they like, BMW 330 i (OR 330iM DUNNO YET) & Mercedes C320 Spot Sedan. The C accelerates in 7.1s and the 3 series in 7.4.

I could go into more detail about details, but no need. What do you guys think? Which car will last longer, stay reliable and still be fun to drive??? Parents MIGHT go for the 330i M so keep that in mind.

Mercedes C320 Sports Sedan

330i/330i M

Kasimmmmm

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
maggotdecay said:
I would think that the BMW would be more reliable, and that's what I would personally pick. Actually, I looked at a few with my fiancee before she lost her job, very nice cars, the 3-series.
I have always heard of Mercedes being more reliable than BMW. Where did you get that from?

If I was personllay, buying the car, I would get the BMW with a manual. But since it's for you parents, I say the Benz.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do u mean the M3 when u talk about the 330i M? If so I strongly suggest that car. Even if it's not the M3, I still would suggest getting the BMW, they great cars to drive.

·
Registered
443 Posts
the C type if a hunk of daimler chrysler SHIT

the 3 is a work of ART, the best Biult, desined fabricated, enginerd car i have ever sait, drove, and enjoyed.

the 325i with sports package, and cold weather package, is the model i have the most experance with. NO COMPLAINTS. none noda, nothing.

the C type i sadly canot say the same about.. im sory but Benz is nothing more then a divishon of daimler chrysler these days. and as we know all daimler chrysler knows how to do is put cool sheat mettal on SHIT cars.

DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY ON A C type.
GET THE 3 series!!!

kasimmmmm said:
BMW 330 i (OR 330iM DUNNO YET) & Mercedes C320 Spot Sedan. The C accelerates in 7.1s and the 3 series in 7.4.
if you are honestly comparing them by 0-60 times, then you dont strike me as a person who gets greas on his hands often. let my tell you somthing. a C is going to do nothing but fall apart for the next 5 years, until it dies. the 3 is going to do nothing but slowly age and during that aging prosses things might need to get surviced, but thats it. nothing will brake, nothing will fall apart, it will just endure

the C is not to be compared with the 3 in any way shape or form. im sory but drive and own a BMW and you will understand this fact. it realy dose live up to its name, "the ultimate driving machine" the mottors in those cars are nothing but evolved work's of enginering perfection. the mottors in daimler benz's are nothing more then half cocked crazy ideas that never get refined past the first production.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Zrain said:
the C type if a hunk of daimler chrysler SHIT

the 3 is a work of ART, the best Biult, desined fabricated, enginerd car i have ever sait, drove, and enjoyed.

the 325i with sports package, and cold weather package, is the model i have the most experance with. NO COMPLAINTS. none noda, nothing.

the C type i sadly canot say the same about.. im sory but Benz is nothing more then a divishon of daimler chrysler these days. and as we know all daimler chrysler knows how to do is put cool sheat mettal on SHIT cars.

DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY ON A C type.
GET THE 3 series!!!

if you are honestly comparing them by 0-60 times, then you dont strike me as a person who gets greas on his hands often. let my tell you somthing. a C is going to do nothing but fall apart for the next 5 years, until it dies. the 3 is going to do nothing but slowly age and during that aging prosses things might need to get surviced, but thats it. nothing will brake, nothing will fall apart, it will just endure

the C is not to be compared with the 3 in any way shape or form. im sory but drive and own a BMW and you will understand this fact. it realy dose live up to its name, "the ultimate driving machine" the mottors in those cars are nothing but evolved work's of enginering perfection. the mottors in daimler benz's are nothing more then half cocked crazy ideas that never get refined past the first production.
:rolleyes:

Could you have written a more biased and ignorant review of mercedes? :thumbdown

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Talisman said:

Could you have written a more biased and ignorant review of mercedes? :thumbdown
...or disregarded all of school's enlish lessons?

In regards to the topic, I'd say it's a toss, get whichever your parents like better.

My father was in a position to get a new car not all too long ago, although he was getting an SUV for work, so he could show land on. My father having a bad back could not go with a bouncy car like his old Cherokee Sport had, so he drove every SUV he could, eventually he ended up with a GM, not really too relevant, but something to give thought to. He chose it over many cars, including a lot of imports.

I would drive the cars in range and not base a purchase off of status quo of the manufacturer.

·
Registered
443 Posts
im sorry but i, nore no one i know has anything nice to say about genral production mercedes, they are no better then any other daimler chrysler on the market.

i think its sad people actualy make this comparison between BMW and Benz, it just go's to show marketing tactics actualy work.

at the moment daimler Benz, is in a parts sharing mess and there cars are not well biult at all. there ranked realy low on quality at the moment.

im shure i could go and pull up a ton of service bulitons on any Bez curently on the market, yet if i went to pull up anything for BMW, i would probobly find less then half (if any)

now due understand this, once you pass $50k for a car things change, the S500's are good cars, but thats BC thats one of the last Benz's that are mostly in house production and desine, and an M5 is a flawless, (altho i they tend to get REALY abused, by there owners so common real world examples tend to be riden hard and put away wet)

but understand when you take the base models (3 and the C) BMW just keeps the quality from the M5's or 7's, the C type should have the same quality as the S500's and such, but sadly this is not the case (by a long shot).

·
Registered
443 Posts
trdcamry2003

ya id rather see this a comparison of a fully loaded Lexus IS 5Speed, agenst a BMW 330 or 325I of the same sticker price.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
BMW no question. A solid car.

The Benz always seems to have QC issues that brings it down.

No Audi A4 3.0? Those are sick.

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,267 Posts
Zrain said:
im sorry but i, nore no one i know has anything nice to say about genral production mercedes, they are no better then any other daimler chrysler on the market.
You don't have to apologize, you're stating your opinion. :)

BMW for sure. It's more of a driver's car and the 3 series has always been touted as being the perfect car. But really, tell your parents to test drive them, and see which one they prefer? Maybe they'll like the comfort of the MB better?

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Talisman said:

I agree with troy (the other troy), he was right about him writing a very biased review of the mercedes.

Although, I've heard a lot of good things about the 3 series. :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Im Just trying to save people money. in the long run

·
^
4,197 Posts
If they're seriously considering the 330iM then that would suggest that they want something sportier than a C-Class MBZ. Even the Sport C-Class isn't exactly what I would call sporty, therefore it would be no question that the Bimmer is the car for them. I think the 330iM comes only with a 6 speed though.

If its you trying to twist their arm into getting a 330iM then thats a different story :). Old brown people like their Benzes.

·
Registered
764 Posts
All that Zrain said about MB is true. Their reliability figures have been down tehdrain for the past 5-6 years.A C class benz should never be compared to a 3 series.Benz's engines are shit. they are so underpowered they have to slap turbos and superchargers on em. Just look at the merc v12 and the bimmer v12.bimmer makes over 500 ponies NA.
Plus the suspension is sportier on the bimmer, the steering is more responsive.Everything is better on the bimmer.
Get a 330iM coupe in red!!!:thumbup:

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
mr2freak said:
All that Zrain said about MB is true. Their reliability figures have been down tehdrain for the past 5-6 years.A C class benz should never be compared to a 3 series.Benz's engines are shit. they are so underpowered they have to slap turbos and superchargers on em. Just look at the merc v12 and the bimmer v12.bimmer makes over 500 ponies NA.
Plus the suspension is sportier on the bimmer, the steering is more responsive.Everything is better on the bimmer.
Get a 330iM coupe in red!!!:thumbup:
I don't agree. While I don't really like the C class and would definitely take a 3 series over one, if Money was no object, I would take a couple of the AMG cars over any Bimmer. I mean come on. The SL65 AMG has 604 hp and 738 lb ft torque. That is just plain insane for a production car.

Even the E55 AMG is pretty impressive with 470hp and over 500 lb ft torque.

Now this is all until the BMW 6 series M coupe is released. I might sell my Momma for that car. :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
hell id pay to get rid of my momma for that car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts