Votes: 14 70.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please move it to Off Topics or General :D

Alright guys. Couple of years from now, I'm planning to open up a office and warehouse in Japan, and Brazil. *Talking about couple years from now people,* I'm thinking about starting with Camrys and other Toyota goodies I've seen a lot of body kits that breaks easily, bends, crack, chip, and also, no perfect fits. I know that most kits are made from fiberglass, plastic, and poly-something. So, here's the question. When I start, I want to make body kits that everyone can afford and also to give the customers a product that's a high quality finish and very durable, meaning no chipping, cracking, breaking, and melting. So here's my three choices of materials that I would like to use to solve this problem. I'll list them in the three categories.

Fiberglass: Cheap but high quality finish *The body kits already have drills and holes done for the buyer so they can install it easily with basic and proper tools at home* They tend to break and crack easily.

Polypropolyne: Costs more than fiberglass, but more durable and not much difference in weight than fiberglass. *Same high quality finish as well with drill holes already done*

Thermo-Resin: Most expensive plastic material. Stronger, durable, and fire resistant. Same type of material used on bowling bowls and football helmets. This will be subjective only upon the customer if they want to add additional weight to their car, not as heavy as bowling material, *Bowling balls are heavy because of the wood, Thermo-Resin is only wrapped around the balls* Thermo-Resin isn't cheap plastic. They don't break, chip, break, crack, or melt at certain high temperature. I don't recommend it for people who wants to race with it, only for show or commercial use.

So, what do you guys think of my plans and ideas?
You're suggestions would help me later on in the future.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
My guess on the prices will probably be between $300-$1200. *That's individually or a four piece set. (Front bumper, Back Bumper, side skirts) Depending on the material, finish and labor. Also, it'll be manufactured straight up from Japan. So, I'm sorry guys, there won't be a sales office in USA. Too much stuff to deal with. But maybe later on, when it starts earning a lot of profits, I'll think about opening one in USA. If not, you guys know me, and I probably will have the power to import it individually to you guys if you guys want to buy one. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Polypropylene only comes in chip form. You are talking about polyurethane kits found on OEM bumpers. Good luck trying to reproduce these kits, the used PU stamping machines are over USD25,000. Not to mention the cost of making the stamps.

:rolleyes:

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not worried about the fundings and all. I already know the cost of the materials, but I'm just simply asking which materials you guys would prefer if it was available out on the market.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CF??? I'm trying to make a "affordable" kit man. :D Something that everyone will enjoy.

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
xpeed said:
Alright guys. Couple of years from now, I'm planning to open up a office and warehouse in Japan, and Brazil. *Talking about couple years from now people,* I'm thinking about starting with Camrys and other Toyota goodies
xspeed,

How old are you???
19?
20?

Still live with your parents?

In two years you're going open up offices and warehouses in Japan and Brazil???

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Re: Re: Body Kit Suggestions for Camrys.

Mikey21 said:
xspeed,

How old are you???
19?
20?

Still live with your parents?

In two years you're going open up offices and warehouses in Japan and Brazil???
Yes, I'm still 19, but I wrote it before. "in couple of years from now..." Not in two years, I'm still attending school. Me and my friend are gonna be partners in this and we're saving up money bit by bit. Not much of a problem with the jobs we have right now. :D I'm going to study in Radiology pretty soon, with Graphic Design, so it'll be a fun experience later on in the years.

The difference between made in USA and Japan. People in other country's prefer to have products from Japan for their cars because their cars are from Japan and probably will depend on products made from Japan. :rolleyes:

Agent, I wrote down the prices on top of the thread somewhere.

$300-$1200, depending on the materials used.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Ah....You want to make JDM kits. Ppl in Japan want US kits tho. So I guess you need to research where the demand is higher.

·
Drive it like a race car
323 Posts
kit needs to be clean

I hope I don't offend anyone when I suggest that the kit not be "ricy". It needs to be clean. The TRD kit that comes for the gen 4-4.5 is nice, but the rear needs to come lower, that is all. It would also be nice if some of the Brabus kit for mercedes, elements would be included on this kit. I have seen a very respectable kit on the Acura TSX. When you find it, you will know what I am talking about. If that kit could be made to fit the camry, I am sure I could find at least 10 people to buy it. If you like what I am talking about, PM me and we could discuss this further, and since you are in CA, we might actually work on this together. I have people who make kits.

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Body Kit Suggestions for Camrys.

xpeed said:
Yes, I'm still 19, but I wrote it before. "in couple of years from now..." Not in two years, I'm still attending school. Me and my friend are gonna be partners in this and we're saving up money bit by bit. Not much of a problem with the jobs we have right now. :D I'm going to study in Radiology pretty soon, with Graphic Design, so it'll be a fun experience later on in the years.
Speed,

Good luck with your endeavors.

Just remember if you're serious about being an entrepreneur expect to lose all your saving more than once. But don't give up because of past failures. If you climb for the top you may slip and fall back a few times, but you will reach the top if you keep climbing. :cool:

PS - A couple is two.;)

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hmm, maybe but back to Eurocamz's question about clean kits. Here's a taste of how our designs will look like for most of our lineup of kits. Nothing too fancy like other companys. Our kits will be designed for aerodynamic stability as well as looking good on the outside. All of our kits will actually add additional downforce support, so it's quite worth the money you'll be paying for. Even though the stock kit are already aerodynamic with the car, the kit will add more downforce than the stock body.

;)

Gen 5

Back view will be ready late this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts