if you are doing any serious offroading, and you want that kind of front end travel, a bracket lift is pointless.... if you are putting 800 in to do a drop bracket, why not pay 1000 and do a long travel ifs?
from what 89hilux said, he isnt looking to build a flipping rock crawler.
while i dont much care for body lifts, i do think that they have their applications.
i drive around on the sand at the beach every time i go visit family in coastal oregon, and everything is bone stock. air down a bit for the dunes, and you should be fine.... wider is better on loose dry sand.
anyway, for your purposes i would suggest a compromise. do a small 1.5-2" body lift (so what if your damn frame rails show, to each his own... its not like some of the body lifts ive seen here in spokane where there is an inch and a half of light between body and frame) to get a bit more tire clearance, and then you can just do a 1" torsion bar crank and a 1" block on the back.
if i remember right, that was the setup that GeiusManiacal had on his 91. You arent looking to create a trail eating boulder jumping offroad god of a truck here, you just want a taller more aggressive stance.
problems you have to look out for
1) body lifts will change the geometry at which your shifter leaves the floorboards, if you go too tall, you will have problems and have to cut.
2) body lifts are incredibly hard on the mounting points where the cab meets the frame.
3) too much body lift can look fugly
4) blocks in the back dont give you any extra flex on the rear suspension. the only way to get more travel is to go with longer springs.
5) cranking up the torsion bars will result in more wear on the CV joints, and can lead to a break at an inopportune moment - buy extras, and learn how to replace them.
6) any change to the IFS geometry will result in faster wear on the front suspension. because there are more parts to an IFS than on an SAS, there are more potential things to break.
finally, dont take anything that anyone says on here to be gospel... not even what ive said here. opinions are like buttholes, everyone has them and they all stink. take what works for you and drive it.