Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now - 2011 Explorer Ltd
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to get an '09 HL Ltd Classic Silver in the next couple of months and was thinking of having the dealer install body side moulding. However, looking a a picture posted on this site of one HL with that option, it almost appears as though the leading edge of the moulding that begins right at the front fender flare, actually sticks out a little due to the gradual transition from the fender flare to the flat part of the door. It almost looks like the moulding should have been moved back a bit. I would appreciate any input from anyone that has had this installed on the HL. Thanks.

Peter

·
Registered
110 Posts
Its a good idea to get those, i already got a big chip on my on the edge of my front fender wheel well where the tire shoots rocks there....and it is rusting already :( I am going to put a 1-2" thin strip of 3M clear bra around the fender wheel well to protect it after i repair the rusting rock chips. BTW, toyota paint seems to be very hard, chips easily compared to my honda.

·
Toyota Traitor
15 RDX, 09 TACOMA
966 Posts
Its a good idea to get those, i already got a big chip on my on the edge of my front fender wheel well where the tire shoots rocks there....and it is rusting already :( I am going to put a 1-2" thin strip of 3M clear bra around the fender wheel well to protect it after i repair the rusting rock chips. BTW, toyota paint seems to be very hard, chips easily compared to my honda.
Atleast the chips on the Highlander don't rust. My Honda has rust spots on the hood!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I plan to get an '09 HL Ltd Classic Silver in the next couple of months and was thinking of having the dealer install body side moulding. However, looking a a picture posted on this site of one HL with that option, it almost appears as though the leading edge of the moulding that begins right at the front fender flare, actually sticks out a little due to the gradual transition from the fender flare to the flat part of the door. It almost looks like the moulding should have been moved back a bit. I would appreciate any input from anyone that has had this installed on the HL. Thanks.

Peter

Peter, I had them installed on my Black HL Sport. You'll find pics of my HL here, about 1/2 way down the page:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249653&page=4

You're right, they do come out a bit due to the flare, but that never bothered me one bit. I park in a lot and thank God my last Subaru had body side moldings....i had numerous nicks from ignorant people who swung their doors open with complete disregard for my vehicle. That said, nicks are an easy touch up compared to door ding, thus why the side moldings on the HL were a no brainer for me.

And yes, have them installed by the dealer as part of the vehicle purchase so they are covered by your warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts