Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone know if you can take the trunk lid and tail lights of a 2000 model and put them on a 1998 model Camry? I like the 2000 style better.

·
Banned
352 Posts
im sure it could be done but i dont know y u would want to i think that the straight style of the 97-99 camry trunk is so much better than the curvy 00-01 style besides u can get a carbon trunk now for the 97-99 from vis racing

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
speedrider said:
Hi
Does anyone know if you can take the trunk lid and tail lights of a 2000 model and put them on a 1998 model Camry? I like the 2000 style better.
To make your gen 4 camry appear like gen 4.5 you would need to do the following:
1. Replace the trunk lid
2. Replace the outer tail lights
3. Buy new inner tail lights (that go on the trunklid)
4. Buy a new rearbumper cover (as the end tail lights section inclines down..and not straight)
5. replace wiring on the trunklid to mate w/ gen 4.5 lid.

Its possible..unless your in an accident and insurance is paying for it, i wouldn't.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
speedrider said:
Thanks jhbhatia.
It does sound like more trouble than its worth.
There was a dude in Madison, Wisconsin (well he posted on Sc3 site a few years ago) his profile name was "xlev6" He did the gen 4.5 conversion on his gen4. Honestly, something looked out of place. I'd just leave it as is (i'm sure at some point in my life, i wished for a gen 4.5 rear and front end) on my gen4. Hence i tell ya!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts