Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
Its not hard at all. I added side molding to my RAV4 but not my XLE

I would recommend going through your dealer parts department and get the color matched set as your link appears to only have Black. . One key item is to make sure you put the right side molding on the right side and don't get the sides mixed up.

Here is a link to the installation instructions.

Side Molding Installation instructions

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought and installed this same molding (different color) from the same vendor and it was super easy. Instructions are included, the paint matched perfectly and you would never guess it wasn't installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
funny you ask, i installed them this am, took 20 minutes, it is nce to have a second help to make sure masking tape is tight so it does not sag, then you simply peel and stick carefully, looks nice, ONE NOTE, i would have installed them one inch lower than in the directions if i knew in advance, simply looks a tad bit too high IMO

·
2007 Black XLE V6 Camry
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks. Imight just get one to install. The camry does look a bit bare w/o it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
this is what it looks like installed, like I said, if it was 1 inch lower i think it would look better, also I got mine from ebay, deland toyota and part number was sl difrent and looks difrent than the one at toyota site, but paint matches and it looks fine ....

·
ToyotaNation Member
2007 Camry LE
174 Posts
summerwind said:
Its not hard at all. I added side molding to my RAV4 but not my XLE

I would recommend going through your dealer parts department and get the color matched set as your link appears to only have Black. . One key item is to make sure you put the right side molding on the right side and don't get the sides mixed up.

Here is a link to the installation instructions.

Side Molding Installation instructions
Summerwind, do you have a link to the instructions for installing the factory spoiler?

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
I bought a roll of trim then cut it and installed myself.

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
Burnes said:
Summerwind, do you have a link to the instructions for installing the factory spoiler?
Sorry I don't.. You might see if your Toyota parts dept can print them out.

My XLE came with the spoiler so I didn't look into how it is installed.

·
2007 Black XLE V6 Camry
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good!

I think I will place the order on it. I can't remember, but anyone remember the toyota part website that is usually mentioned here?

Not the www.toyotapartstore.com, the other one..i saw it on there for under 90 bucks the other day and can't remember the website now.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
Burnes said:
That looks good but it doesn't serve it's purpose of protecting against door dings.
You're correct as far as protection. I just copy the look of the Lexus....it has the BSM exactly the way I had on mine. (it was chrome too) I like that look so much that why I did it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Burnes, can you tell me where can I purchase the chrome trimming and can you give me the dimension of the trimmings that they come in. They look really nice on your car. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts