Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm bolting down my xub box in my 94 corolla and i want to take out the subs and bolt it into the trunk from the inside of my box. My question is where can i drill through the trunk, and not hit anything improtant like my gas tank.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
best bet is to crawl under the car and check for yourself. You should have a 1/4in gap inbetween the body and the gas tank anyways. You dont need to go any further past the metal than 1/8in so you should be good.

A couple customers requested that we do a similar thing to their sub boxes (attaching them to the floor) to deter theft, however all the theves did was smash the subs.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
i think this is a better solution... i just drilled two large hooks into the wall and use bungee cord! I can do ebrakes and tight turns and nothing moves

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well actually i just decided to take the subs outta the box, and bolt it down with nuts and bolts to the bottom of the trunk. the reason i didn't wanna use velcro or bungee cords is first off it doesn't look as profesionally done, and second i live about a 20 min drive away from surrey BC (the car theft capital of north america). so i'm trying to make it as hard as possible to steal, and let me tell ya, those suckers aint goin nowhere.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
you drilled holes though the bottom of your enclosure :eek: I hope you sealed them up after you drilled, that is going to create leaks and make your subs sound like shit

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
eddiem67 said:
you drilled holes though the bottom of your enclosure :eek: I hope you sealed them up after you drilled, that is going to create leaks and make your subs sound like shit
that is exactly why i did not want to drill into my box

1 - 7 of 7 Posts