Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Parts catalog did not show size, but you can remove a 10mm bolt from another area and see if it fits. Then take that to a hardware store and get some replacements. Should be a 10mm head and fine threads.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
1,038 Posts
6 x 1.0 x 12mm bolt. Two of them. I recommend stainless due to location. Any hardware store. Literally, any hardware store.
Bolts are not sized by whatever wrench fits them. They are sized by the shank and the thread pitch.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
2,654 Posts
typically, your mechanic will have left them off after doing a service

pisses me off when they do that, it saves them time, then when the customer doesn't notice so they throw them out, or if the customer does notice act all innocent, "oops, forgot!"

their purpose is to protect engine areas from salt spray, and provide some wind noise reduction in the cabin and some aerodynamic benefit, so most customers won't notice for a long time, and then won't realize their mechanic left them off on purpose

grumble

Oh, and above advice was spot on for the fasteners: The threads are M6-1mm. Their heads are either 10mm or 12mm (socket size), use stainless steel for longevity, and add a washer for load distribution.

·
Registered
Toyotas.
1,038 Posts
BTW, had you gone to a junkyard, you would have gotten the part for a lot cheaper, AND the bolts would be there, too. And, if they broke off, just try another car, any car, they ALL use 6 x 1.0 bolts on SOMETHING. I like junkyards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.