Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when building my FCD, i asked a freind if he could use a bicyle pump to give me a constant pressure. I had the pump hooked up to the boost senor and my greddy gauge. When i asked him to start pumping he did and when i got to my gauge it was at 2 bar. So i turned off the car and the needle fell to the right instead of the left and now it doesn't move at all when a drive the car. i have a picture but i dont know how to put it on my post. does anyone have any ideas on what i could do to get my gauge back to normal.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Why did you have it hooked to both??? You should have just had it hooked strait to the pressure sensor. 2 bar is WAYYY too high.... the highest you can even set an FCD is ~17psi... once you go over that you must DISABLE fuel cut.... not just up the limit. So if you have your FCD set at ~30psi... it if not only pointless because 30psi will kill your turbo and engine... but the pressure sensor won't allow it.

If your boost gauge is just reading 0psi... it is probably not connected. Electical or mechanical boost gauge??... im assuming mechanical if you had it hooked into the pressue sensr line. When you start the car you should get somewhere around 18-20 vacumm. If something came loose I couldn't see your car boosting at all (vaccum leak) unless you forgot to hook the gauge up all together. Try hooking everything back up to the pressure sensor and hook the boost gauge up to one of the vac. lines coming off of the BPV. I'm rambling... just let us know what happens. Try some different things...

Hope that helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts