Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TRD SPORT
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boost Junky's 6speed TACOMA.

Here's my new and improved taco. Sold the silver one last august in favor of this 6 speed manual version!!!
Got lucky with it being a DC and only 36k kms. :D

Im coming from a 3rd gen 4runner and turbo honda world.
2008 Double Cab TRD sport 4x4

Suspension
-Bilstein 5100s
-Toytec/Eibach coils
-Top plate spacers
-Total Chaos UCA
-Rear TSB leafs
-Wheelers progressive AAL
-Pro Comp ES9000 extended shocks
-OME Carrier bearing drop, 3* axle shims
-Pro comp 7189 Cast black wheels 17x8
-BF Goodrich KM2 285/70/17

Perfomance
-Gibson Catback Exhaust
-TRD CAI
-URD Maf Calibrator
-DTLT Headers

MODS
-TRD Skidplate
-Grom USB interface
-Fog Light mod
-LED map/dome/lplate lights
-Bi xenon HID 5000k
-Eurolite Yellow fogs
-Weathertech In Channel window visors
-Wade sure fit mats
-Emblem mod
-Bed tie down D rings
-Toyota Bed mat
-Yakima Roof Rack
-BHLM

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Nice grab on the truck. With a grip like that the next mods and pics I "expect" to see are under the hood :naughty:

·
Registered
2008 TRD SPORT
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Im not liking these km2s so much but it was a deal thats very hard to pass so I grabbed 'em, and they look pretty. Ill most likely go with a/t's thats better suited for our rainy weather here.

As far as engine mod, boost is probably in the future it but I should hold it for now seeing I just dumped money in it

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,604 Posts
I am running BFG AT's and they are great! I ran Cooper MT's for a little bit and they were to noisy, so I pulled them off and sold them.

I was going to S/C my truck, but plans have changed as I will be getting married in October.

·
Registered
2008 TRD SPORT
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah ive had the Bfg a/ts b4 and liked it or maybe ill try the duratrac when these wore it. Imo, the km2 are too stiff, heavy, and too noisy. My last m/t's were mickey thompson's which were pretty good for mud tires.
Looks like were in the same boat, Im getting married this august. lol

·
Registered
05 Tacoma
12 Posts
Hey Boost,
Great looking truck. I just received 3 of the mods you put on your truck and have a couple of questions.
1) 5100 Bilsteins - Just had those installed yesterday, only set them to .85 lift but when I drove to get the truck aligned I noticed a vibration/hum that was not there b4. Did you have the diff vibration problems others have reported, dpes alignment help?
2) URD MAF Sensor calibrator - How do you like it? I jsut got one but I am a little intimidated on installing it, how or who installed yours?
3) Doug Thorley headers - Just shipped to me, how loud are they? I want to upgrade the exhaust system below the cats (new tubes/muffler) but I am concerned about loudness.

·
Registered
2008 TRD SPORT
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!
-No I dont have the vibration issue that a lot of people seem to get. When do u get the vibes? I believe thats associated with either the driveshaft carrier or the front diff. Search around theres a big thread on it that might help ya!
-The MAF cal was pretty easy. Just gotta solder up a few wires and follow the wire colors. I like it, it helped out a lil, I gotta tune it but dont have a wideband.
-I suggest u get a resonator along with the new catback ur getting as it makes the exhaust raspy at times. Im in the process of doing that now. Im running a gibson catback, not loud at all, just got raspy after the headers. It does bring out a few ponies out and well worth it.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Indigo...nice! What do you have behind your grill?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts